Introducing: Pitbull-Lady

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Introducing: Pitbull-Lady

Postby PitBull-Lady » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:02 pm

Greetings! I've lurked for aeons and decided I should join the forum officially.

I'm Pitbull-Lady.
If you recognize my screen name from Jeep forums, yep yep that's me!

Well already I'm delighted I've done so. I've been enjoying reading a bunch of the posts and I've just about sold my soul for a really cool collar!

While in university, my boyfriend wanted a dog, of course it was a pit. Hving grown up with Basset Hounds, a terrier was so out of my comfort zone, not to mention a pit! Well he adopted this adorable 6 month (?) black female with a white crest and white tipped paws. After that, we were RUINED!!

16 years later and we have just adopted our FIRST true puppy. He's now 6 months old and we've totally switched coats with the age change too. We now have 2 mostly white babes. Capone the pup has some grey/brown and 'queen' Jasmine 7 yrs ,has a black butt.

So after 6 rescued pitty babes:
1 who stole our hearts
1 with a severe attitude problem
1 with no teeth and a love of cardboard
1 with Addison's
1 with enough scars to make a road map
1 who we're molding into his own person

we've seen a lot
we've experienced good and bad
we've fought and won over the fear of others :peace:
we've loved them all, big and small headed :)
we've learned sometimes they never get along :(
we've learned there are dog love affairs/soul mates :inlove:

On the weekends, in the Virginia, Washington, DC suburbs our house has many things to keep us busy.
This year we're going to learn to go to Dog Parks... this is foreign territory to us now that we have a social dog.
But... otherwise, I have a love of photography and my own little biz.
I'm a lover of crafts and paper arts.
We are big in to 4x4 activities involving Jeeps and outdoors.
Jasmine LOVES 4-wheeling, we'll see how Capone does.

It should be an exciting year with all this exciting puppy stuff. (What have I got myself into!!)

...BTW... pics will take a minute since I just switch ISPs looks like I've got to use Webshots. :bowdown: *patience please* :bowdown:

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Re: Introducing: Pitbull-Lady

Postby PitBull-Lady » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Pitbull-Lady wrote:Greetings! I've lurked for aeons and decided I should join the forum officially.

I'm Pitbull-Lady.
If you recognize my screen name from Jeep forums, yep yep that's me!

Well already I'm delighted I've done so. I've been enjoying reading a bunch of the posts and I've just about sold my soul for a really cool collar!

While in university, my boyfriend wanted a dog, of course it was a pit. Having grown up with Basset Hounds, a terrier was so out of my comfort zone, not to mention a pit! Well he adopted this adorable 6 month (?) black female with a white crest and white tipped paws. After that, we were RUINED!!

16 years later, married and still crazy, we have just adopted our FIRST true puppy. He's now 6 months old and we've totally switched coats with the age change too. We now have 2 mostly white babes. Capone the pup has some grey/brown and 'queen' Jasmine 7 yrs ,has a black butt.

So after 6 rescued pitty babes:
1 who stole our hearts
1 with a severe attitude problem
1 with no teeth and a love of cardboard
1 with Addison's
1 with enough scars to make a road map
1 who we're molding into his own person

we've seen a lot
we've experienced good and bad
we've fought and won over the fear of others :peace:
we've loved them all, big and small headed :)
we've learned sometimes they never get along :(
we've learned there are dog love affairs/soul mates :inlove:

On the weekends, in the Virginia, Washington, DC suburbs our house has many things to keep us busy.
This year we're going to learn to go to Dog Parks... this is foreign territory to us now that we have a social dog.
But... otherwise, I have a love of photography and my own little biz.
I'm a lover of crafts and paper arts.
We are big in to 4x4 activities involving Jeeps and outdoors.
Jasmine LOVES 4-wheeling, we'll see how Capone does.

It should be an exciting year with all this exciting puppy stuff. (What have I got myself into!!)

...BTW... pics will take a minute since I just switch ISPs looks like I've got to use Webshots. :bowdown: *patience please* :bowdown:

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:08 pm

Welcome to PBF, so glad you've joined! I can't wait to see pictures of your kiddos!

Libby

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Welcome to PBF! Can't wait to see your puppers!

*leenie*
Addicted to PBF

Postby *leenie* » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:32 am

Welcome! This is agreat place. But the dog park is a horrible idea. In the general section there is a sticky about dog parks. Its a god read full of great information.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:19 pm

These were the love birds. Diesel and Jasmine.
We got Jasmine for Diesel after he lost the other 2 house mates in 1 year.

My little butt is the wee teeny one between all the others. He was the runt of 8. He's still small. @ 6 months he's only 30 lbs. all the other bros and siss are at least 15 lbs heavier.

She may look like his mom... but it's just coincidence.

**sorry for the clicky pics... I hate webshots.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:22 pm

*leenie* wrote:Welcome! This is agreat place. But the dog park is a horrible idea. In the general section there is a sticky about dog parks. Its a god read full of great information.

Yeah, we are still unsure of it, but the best part is we already have friends with a bully play group that we've been invited to....

Jasmine has to stay home though.
She's does NOT play well with others :bully:

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:35 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:

Well, I'm not so keen on the dog park idea, though it doesn't sound like you're talking about a typical situation.

Return to “Introductions”