Hey

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
cricket
Newborn Bully

Hey

Postby cricket » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:32 pm

Hey everyone. I’m Kate. I live in New York, about 30 minutes outside Manhattan. I fell in love with pits when I was a little kid (I should add that I’m still a baby by some people’s standards, I’m 19) working at a stable. The farrier had a gorgeous white and tan girl, Trouble. She was the sweetest dog, perfectly behaved around the horses and more than happy to amuse two pesky little girls (although she did have to take breaks to munch on those delicious hoof clippings…eww)
I’ve only owned shepherd mixes myself, the most recent of which is a tragic story and one of the reasons I’m currently dogless. I work at a large no-kill shelter, so being around so many wonderful dogs without homes can make it hard to wait, but I’m not in the right situation to take on a dog at this time. Optimally, I’ll be looking for the right dog sometime next fall. I’ll be starting massage therapy school in May, or possibly September if I can’t get classes to fit into my work schedule. So I need to wait and see how busy I’ll be with school before I even think about looking for a new dog.
That said, I can’t just sit idly with the thought that I’ll eventually get another dog when the time’s right. I’ve been researching training clubs in the area, I found groups of ‘city-dogs’ that take weekend trips upstate to go on fun hikes, I’ve been looking into dog camps…basically I joined this board so I could live vicariously through everyone’s life with their dogs until I can have a dog to have my own adventures with. Hopefully I’ll be able to contribute some stories and pictures a few months from now.

brannybritchcock
Adolescent Bully

Postby brannybritchcock » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:50 pm

welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

CSilverman89
Forum Junky

Postby CSilverman89 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:32 pm

Welcome. :)

Glad to see you are being responsible and waiting till you have time for a dog.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:00 pm

:welcome:

cricket
Newborn Bully

Postby cricket » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys! I just got my school schedule today. I'm only going to have classes two days a week, from 8:30/9am to 4:30/5pm. I'm just happy that I'm not going to have to make any adjustments to my work schedule. Working at the shelter, I get free/discounted vet care and a 20% discount from our pet store, so that helps from a financial standpoint. I'm still not even close to looking for a dog, but things are looking good :))

cricket
Newborn Bully

Postby cricket » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Just thought I'd bump this up

cricket
Newborn Bully

Postby cricket » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:12 pm

I really wish I could bring my camera into work with me. We have some really gorgeous pits in the shelter right now and they're all such sweethearts. I did take a pic of a brindle/white girl with my phone, but I haven't uploaded it onto the computer yet. She went home last week! Such a nice dog, very dog selective, but all she wanted to do was lick your face.

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:14 am

sorry you got lost in the shuffle there, cricket.

:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”