New Pitbull Owner

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
raleighsmomma
Newborn Bully

New Pitbull Owner

Postby raleighsmomma » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:00 pm

I recently got my first pitbull. She's a 5month old mix of several different breeds of pitbull. She's a handful but very lovable.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi, could you please tell us more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.

raleighsmomma
Newborn Bully

Postby raleighsmomma » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:39 am

Leslie H wrote:Hi, could you please tell us more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.

Okay, gotcha.

I'm Megan. I'm 24 and I live in Woodstock, GA. I teach 4th grade and I'm a proud graduate of the University of Georgia... Go Dawgs! I've been an avid animal lover all my life but this is my first time raising a pitbull.

Raleigh is a 5 month old black/white pitbull with a mix of several different bloodlines. Her mother was 1/2 American Staff and 1/2 American Blue Pit. Her father was 1/2 red nose, 1/4 gator mouth, and 1/4 kolby jeep.
Raleigh has a very laid back, loving demeanor. She has a fondness for cats but seems to shy away from other dogs...even ones who are smaller than her! She can get a little rowdy around children but given some love and attention, in time she will calm down and be there best friend. She rarely barks and would rather attack you with kisses than do anything else. She loves laying on the couch with you or even better, snuggling right up next to you in the bed. She hates being alone.... We've noticed that she's going through a major teething phase and will chew on anything that she can get her teeth around. She loves to play catch but has a hard time giving you back the ball.

raleighsmomma
Newborn Bully

Postby raleighsmomma » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:39 am

Leslie H wrote:Hi, could you please tell us more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.

Okay, gotcha.

I'm Megan. I'm 24 and I live in Woodstock, GA. I teach 4th grade and I'm a proud graduate of the University of Georgia... Go Dawgs! I've been an avid animal lover all my life but this is my first time raising a pitbull.

Raleigh is a 5 month old black/white pitbull with a mix of several different bloodlines. Her mother was 1/2 American Staff and 1/2 American Blue Pit. Her father was 1/2 red nose, 1/4 gator mouth, and 1/4 kolby jeep.
Raleigh has a very laid back, loving demeanor. She has a fondness for cats but seems to shy away from other dogs...even ones who are smaller than her! She can get a little rowdy around children but given some love and attention, in time she will calm down and be there best friend. She rarely barks and would rather attack you with kisses than do anything else. She loves laying on the couch with you or even better, snuggling right up next to you in the bed. She hates being alone.... We've noticed that she's going through a major teething phase and will chew on anything that she can get her teeth around. She loves to play catch but has a hard time giving you back the ball.

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:18 am

She's a cutie! There's no such thing as different breeds of pit bull though, just like a dog can't be half red or blue nose, it's just the color of the nose leather. They are all American Pit Bull Terrier. I love her spots! Welcome to the forum.

raleighsmomma
Newborn Bully

Postby raleighsmomma » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:58 pm

Thought I'd toss in a few more pictures of my baby and bump the thread back to the top!

This was Raleigh's first attempt up a flight of stairs... She looks guilty of a crime

About 2 weeks after I got her... weighing only 20 lbs. Now she's 45 lbs and can't lay on top of me :sad:

One of my favorites.... She thinks my boyfriend's son's carseat is for her to sit in... She always gets in it to go to sleep. Too bad she doesn't fit in it anymore :))

pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby pitbullgrl » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:23 pm

she's cute! welcome!

mamapit311
Newborn Bully

Postby mamapit311 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:43 pm

Welcome, and good luck with your adorable pup.I am from Lithonia,GA

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:23 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Welcome to you and your pup.