getting my first pit puppy

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
lydog
Newborn Bully

getting my first pit puppy

Postby lydog » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi.. a friend of mine,a owner n huge advocate of pitts rescued a mom n her five pups from a freezing van outside a drug house during the christmas blizzard. They were three days old, one didn't make it. She has homed n raised the pups since with help from othr pitt supporters. I own a home n have owned n raised a few pups myself.. I currently have a smaller spaniel rescue n had been longing for a bigger dog...being a big dog owner previous, last one was a rott mix who died 17 yrs young. I had fallen in luv with the pitbull my tenants own as well as the ones I've met in town so they were on my list whrn searching local shelters. Anyway, my friends brave rescue inspired me to be an owner n advocate for this breed. So here Iam a few wks away from getting my 12 ek old pitbull. I have done research about thr breed till my eyes hurt..I've read great books on being the leader of my pack and was happy to see that most of the things I do already with my current dog. I've annoyed the living hell out of all my husband as well as friends n family with all my pitbull praising. So my friend suggested I share here..any advice, or need to knows are welcome thnks

AllisonPitbullLvr

Re: getting my first pit puppy

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:11 pm

Welcome! And congrats on your new puppy!!

(we generally demand pictures asap here)

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:14 am

Hi lydog, I'm glad you let your tenants have Pit Bulls -- many landlords refuse.

Could we get a little more introduction from you, so we can give you posting access in the main forums? You've answered most of our usual questions already -- just want to know a little more about your plans / goals for the new pup, and maybe a little about you -- where you live (like, what state; not your street address) and any hobbies you want to mention, or anything else you wish we would ask. :thumbsup:

lydog
Newborn Bully

Postby lydog » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:37 am

Sure, sorry I'm new at this forum thing. I'm from north jersey right acrss the river from the nyc. MY name is Alycia, married with two girls seven n five. Been interested in the breed n irritated by the the ignorance for a while now. I'm very excited to go pick up our pup in a few weeks n have a new addition to the family. I never do anything half wayso I already have all my supplies..crate,,food,toys, my vet appointment for her second round shots..I also work only four hrs a day four days a wk while thd girl r in school so I'm super excited to spend alone time with my new little girl for one on one training. My spaniel is a well balanced dog n is a great influence, im happy he ll b helping to..lol.My hubby is taking the first wk off so she's okay with adjusting. Im also looking for puppy classes on the wkend we can all participate in...I think that fills u in some more. Let me know if you need more. I'm excited to be a part of the forum thnk u

lydog
Newborn Bully

Postby lydog » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:49 am

Thnks allison..I will post a pick of the litter. I'm almost positive I'm going to pick the brindle one however there are three girls to choose from n I'm more interested in temperment n connection then her coloring..but I will get pics up asap thnks

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Thanks Alycia -- glad to see someone checking into things before bringing a new pup home! :thumbsup:

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”