New B

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
pob james
Newborn Bully

New B

Postby pob james » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:14 pm

Hey y' ll. I like the forum so far. What's the dill with the dogs with Blue eyes? I got a new pup and she has blue eye's.The dogs i have had in the past i never thought about the eye's.

JoeBingo
Addicted to PBF

Re: New B

Postby JoeBingo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:17 pm

Excellent question, "What's the dill with the dogs with Blue eyes?" ... ummm they're blue :dunno:
Why did you choose this forum to ask that question ??

pob james
Newborn Bully

Postby pob james » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:28 pm

My pup is a APBT........I just don't know any thing about the blue eye's in pits,that's all.

JoeBingo
Addicted to PBF

Postby JoeBingo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:44 pm

AHHhhh ... Well Welcome then !!!

Blue eyes in APBT's are extremely ... did I mention extremely LOL ... uncommon. I have only ever heard of one proven pedigreed APBT that had blue eyes. Blue eyes are usually a definite indication that the dog is not purebred. Maybe you dog is an APBT mix :dunno:

There are MANY members here with mixed bred dogs or dogs from unknown origin and pedigree (myself included) and NO ONE would find anything wrong with that here.

In any case, again, Welcome. I'm pretty sure you will be asked to give a little more information before being granted full posting privileges and just to give you a heads up, here is a link with hints on how to do a proper Intro ~ viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64327 :thumbsup:

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:46 am

Yeah, pretty much what the esteemed Mr. Bingo said up there. Blue eyes in APBT dogs are pretty rare -- I think it's actually a conformation fault in most of the legitimate dog registries. If I remember correctly (which is a pretty big "if"), the reason is that blue eyes in APBT are often linked with abnormalities such as deafness.

Also, if you want posting access in the main forums, we'll first need more introduction from you. Here's the example introduction -- viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64327
Generally, we're looking for an idea about your prior background with dogs, what attracts you to this breed, your plans / goals as a dog owner, your approximate geographic location, and any hobbies / activities you like to do, or whatever thing you're itching to share with us but we didn't know you well enough to ask about it. :thumbsup:

trexgorawrrrrr
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby trexgorawrrrrr » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:06 am

You did say your dog was a puppy, how old? Most dogs are born with blue eyes, but as they get older they change colors.

My boy was born with blue eyes, which changed to green, and now are yellowish. It would have been awesome if they stayed green, but I love him anyways.

You will see some members with different colored unusual eyes, like Luke, Rebecca's dog which has ONE bright blue, and one bright green eye. She's not sure of his background because he was adopted, so most likely a mix.
You can see pictures of his eyes in here which will stay the color they are - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=143768

Depending on how old your pup is, it's eyes still may change colors.

pob james
Newborn Bully

Postby pob james » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:21 am

OK thanks. My pup is 8 weeks old. she has blue eyes for now. My name is James. i live in central Louisiana I'm 40 years old. In the past I have had 6 or 7 pits. I love to stand for what I think is RIGHT. I think pits and roosters have the right to be raised by the ones that want to and left a lone by the ones that don't. God bless.......P.O.B. James

iluvk9
Newborn Bully

Postby iluvk9 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:37 am

Welcome to the forum. I hope you stay and add to the discussions, while learning more. :hi

JoeBingo
Addicted to PBF

Postby JoeBingo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:45 am

Yeah and hey, I'm a P.O.B (poor old bastage) too.
AND ... I live in LA ... Lower Alabama ...
AND ... I'm only a little bit older than you are.

So we have some things in common LOL

I can't wait see and hear more of the blue eye pup, James

Oh, and one more thing. My real name is Jim, most folks here know that though.

Welcome !!! :thumbsup:

nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby nessa » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:13 am

Pics!!! we need puppeh pics!!!
Oh, and welcome, too.

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:01 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”