iNtRo

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Christian
Newborn Bully

iNtRo

Postby Christian » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:52 pm

Hey my names Chris..Upstate NY, Just got a 8 wk old Blue "Razors Edge/Gotti" Pup to replace my 12 Yr old Baby that i had to put down at 12 yrs old due to liver falure...I also have a 11 yr old Red Nose who is as Stuburn as his name "Rocky"..This is my Secound atemp to Joining a PB forum, The first one only wants to talk about Rescues...I hope i find some good peeps and cool PITBULL TOYS AND STORIES ALONG WITH SOME NICE INFO...Glad to be here..

MikeInTacoma

Re: iNtRo

Postby MikeInTacoma » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Hey Chris :hi

A lot of the folks here talk about rescues, too. Unfortunately, with hundreds or even thousands of perfectly healthy Pit Bulls being killed daily simply for the lack of a home, there's lots of rescuing to talk about. There are breeders on here, but mostly we don't talk so much about breeding. If that's what you're looking for, you may end up disappointed.

Of course, we also talk about toys, games, training, dogsports, search and rescue, nutrition and health, etc.; and there are more photos in the Gallery forum than I can even look at. If that's the kind of stuff you're looking for, I'd say you've found the right place.

Before we give you posting privileges in main forums, we'll first want a little more introduction. Can you tell us a little more about your background and your goals for your dogs?
This sample introduction might help: viewtopic.php?t=64327

:thumbsup:

Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Chasesdad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Welcome to the Forum!

Christian
Newborn Bully

Postby Christian » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:22 pm

Sure Bro, I can give ya the In's & Out's ;)...and i just read your Intro thread sticky...
I've been married for 16 yrs this summer. I was 20 yrs old when i met my wife Amy and i was Volenteering at the Humane society for Comunity srvc. After i was done withh 50 hrs, I took a weekend job there. I became freinds with the Vet who ended Up Buying a Building and Opening up a Free Spay/Neuter clinic. I had a little Extra Pull by that time and went with him. The Clinic he Owned was FUNDED by the aspca or somthing. One weekend 2 Pits came into the HS from a drug bust. They were sisters, 10 wks old. At that point in time (1995-1998) Pits where being Uthinized like wild Fire and we wouldnt adopt them Out at ALL to the Public, it was a Terrible and Discusting thing. Thats when I relized that these Dogs where One of the Best breeds i had ever Met. I took Both the Females, Gave one to my cousin and My GF (now wife) and I took the other. That is My baby that just passed at 12yrs old, TAYA.. Im tellin you there hasent been a Chic thats looked into my eyes like that Sweet Girl did, lol..The Black N White in my Photo is her... She still looked Healthy as horse, but couldnt Hold anything down. They had her On IV and she came home feeling great until she tried to eat and it all came back up , the Poor Girl. ( LIVER FALURE) She was with me before I had my 2 Children, and helped me Build a Family, so i did what was right and Let her Go out with her Respect and Dignity. We had her Fed Intro V, then picked her up and spent the day (all 6 of us) Amy, my 2 daughter's, Rocky and TAYA and I playing in the yard.. I made Her Steak and let her do what ever she wanted.. We all took a nap in my king size bed to end the day...and i had the Vet come out, give her a Seditive while she layed in my wifes arm's and we said Goodbye, She New, she was ready, so as Sad as i am Now thinking about it, I did what was Best for Her....Well let me whipe my eyes and get back to ME...
I own a Pavin Business, do blacktop, sealing and Striping Parkin lots.... Live in Upstate NY, and love Dump trucks and Pick ups.. i had a Ford Lightning, sold it for a Super charger Harley Davidson F150.. I just Slammed that to the ground, and cant wait for the snow to go.....
Rocky is getting old and Grumpy, He's 11, sleeps alot, and was always a Follower. Now that TAYA is gone, he follows use around to each room, and trips us if you dont pay attention, lol.. I called the Humane society I worked at 12yrs ago and they wanted me to jump threw HOOPS.. I gotta say i was Discusted. I Know what goes on out there and the abuse of animals, So i understand Screening. But when you want the Name and # of my Home Owners Ins company your Out of Line... I own a nice peice of property, Nobody is around me, and Ill be Damed if Im loosing my Homeowners Ins because of a Rescue lady feels the need to have OVER BARING CONTROL.... make a Long story short, that happened 2 times last wk, so I tried to do my part, and the same Folks that are trying to do the rite thing ended up Loosing me who would of givin a Wonderful animal a Great Life. I dont Blame them, i blame the People that have Abused Our system so badley that its Now Broken !!!! No differnt thaN aNY OTHER STATE/gov program that People have abused until it no longer works i figure....
So I Went to a Known breeder of Razor's Edge/ Gotti Bloodlines, paid a Pretty Penny, and Found a Beautiful 8 wk old blue female that has Brown Eyes just like my Old Girl ;) Im Off till spring so iv been on the floor for 3 days so much, my tail bones Bruised, lol....
The other site i joined did not have any Info about much of anything, Rescue talk is all good, but you need a Variety. I zipped threw here and Found atleast 10 threads i need to Read, and that only took me 5 min to realize.. So as far as if i think ill like this Forum, its just what i was lookin for,,, Im in the process of Building a Spring pole and found the thread here, im not going to use a few ideas from that and replace some of the parts i was going to use.. So as of the first 10min, you bro's helped me out..

All im lookin for is to read some good ideas ,medical Info, and have some laughs about somthing i enjoy, my Dogs...
Other than that, ask me anything and ill chat ....... :cheers:

murphy2010
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby murphy2010 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:38 pm

Welcome! You have a very handsome pack! I love that avatar photo!

:welcome:

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:06 am

Hey Chris, thanks for the speedy and complete answer.

Condolences on your loss of Taya -- she looks really happy in your avatar pic.

Sorry about the rescue screening hoops -- just how much is too much? It's a topic of some debate here; but yeah, as you said, usually everything they ask about is because someone before you biffed it up for everyone. Oh well; I'm sure you'll give the new pup a great life.

And I'm sure you'll fit in here just fine -- glad you found us. :thumbsup:
:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”