Adopting a new Puppy

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Adopting a new Puppy

Postby Shanmom24 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:15 am

So 3 years ago my hubby and I rescued our Pit/boxer mix cody from a crack den( technically we paid 25$)
Now we really want to adopt a female APBT this month( when she is 8 weeks).
Cody has been raised along side our 4 kids ages 7,5,4, and 3 and he loves them as much
as much as they love him. Cody gets along well with my moms dogs and is super friendly.
I'm just nervous about how he'll be with a new puppy in the house, does anyone have advice and or experience with
this situation? Thanks Shannon
Shanmom24
Newborn Bully

Re: Adopting a new Puppy

Postby Leslie H » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Hello, could you please tell us a little more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby Shanmom24 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:33 am

Sure I'm 26 my husband and and I have been married for 8 years we have 4 kids see above. We love all bully breeds and think they are the best pets to raise with kids. Is that a good intro? Because I really need advice about my above post, thanks Shannon :)
Shanmom24
Newborn Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:45 am

Here is the sample Leslie mentioned (this will get you access):
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64327

And here are a couple threads that might be worth while to look at:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10229
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=131787
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79642
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=139802
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22235

And this one doesn't have anything to do with a multi-dog household, but I always think it's important information to pass along-it's a very long thread-but the first post covers 99% of what you should consider....if it's something you're already familiar with-please disregard.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50274

Overall, I think if a home that is a good home for a Pit Bull wants to take on another dog, it's a great thing. But as there is much responsibility owning a PB, there is much more responsibility owning more than one. I think the top thing you should know/consider is that if your dogs don't get along will you be will to crate and rotate them (you can search that term almost anywhere in this forum and come up with some great information)? Because if you are not willing to do that, then don't risk it. Don't bring another dog into your home, only to find out in a few years the dogs don't get along, you're not willing to crate and rotate, and now this "new" dog needs to find another home-just be happy with the balance in life you have now.

Crate and rotate doesn't have to consist of an actual crate for one of the dogs-just FYI. We "crate and rotate" with babygates and bedrooms. Good luck! I hope you're able to have a new addition :)
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Leslie H » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:54 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions