Sup from Houston

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Sup from Houston

Postby TurbodreamZ » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:47 am

Finally decided to join after searching for solutions to my 11 month old pit's jumping problem lol

anyway here are a couple of her pics

TurbodreamZ
Newborn Bully

Re: Sup from Houston

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:52 am

Welcome!!! Beautiful dog!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:36 am

Welcome! There are tons of info here to help you. I hope you enjoy it here.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Leslie H » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:43 pm

If you'd like to join, could you tell us a little more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby Apbt4life » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:59 pm

Welcome! u have come to the right place, lots of great info. What type of jumping problems does your dog have?
Apbt4life
Matured Bully

Postby TurbodreamZ » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Leslie H wrote:If you'd like to join, could you tell us a little more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.

Sorry about that

My name's Joel and I'm currently studying pschology at the university of Houston. My hobbies include planted aquariums, photography and cars.
I got my dog, Karma, February of last year when she was 6 weeks old and she's been good for the most part but there are a couple of behavioral issues I'd like to research and correct

Oh yeah, here's a newer picture of her
TurbodreamZ
Newborn Bully

Postby TurbodreamZ » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Apbt4life wrote:Welcome! u have come to the right place, lots of great info. What type of jumping problems does your dog have?

She starts off by jumping because she's excited to see people but she's just way too rough with it. I've tried correcting this by first telling her to sit but it took a longgg time for this to work. Othertimes i've tried the kneeing technique and this did absolutely nothing to deter her from doing it. Also tried holding her paws if she jumped up but this is not uncomfortable to her at all. If anything she knows that you're challenging her and she will jump on you way more agressively.

Since my original post, I've done things to make sure she knows I'm in charge and she's getting much better. Simple things like walking through doors first and telling her to wait till you give her the command to eat has helped tremendously. There are times that she slips but I think she'll get it soon
TurbodreamZ
Newborn Bully

Postby CallSignOWL » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:40 am

shes got a great smile :hi
CallSignOWL
Adolescent Bully

Postby Gav123 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:13 pm

Hiya what I wonderful dog you have looks so happy :) and that's always a good thing is it a pure pit or cross if you don't mind me asking.
Gav123
Newborn Bully

Postby TurbodreamZ » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:16 am

Gav123 wrote:Hiya what I wonderful dog you have looks so happy :) and that's always a good thing is it a pure pit or cross if you don't mind me asking.

haha yeah when she has her mouth open it always makes her look happy

I guess I couldn't tell you for sure because she has no papers but she looks pretty much like what a apbt should look like in my opinion. I've seen the parents and they look correct as well but of course, no papers. She's extremely people friendly like a apbt should be but there is no dog aggression at all.
TurbodreamZ
Newborn Bully

Postby Gav123 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Aww bless, it's the same with mine, he is so people friendly and yet so loving all at the same time only aggression is when food is about but nothing more then a warming growl if that make sence. Keep the good work up she's a little gem :)
Gav123
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:52 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions