Hey Everyone...

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hey Everyone...

Postby JakesMomma13 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:04 pm

Hey, my name is Meghan and my boyfriend and I are the new proud owners of Jake, our baby blue nose pit. We got him this past december when he was about 13 weeks old. He is very loving and playful. Has a ton of energy--to get all that out we frequently take him to the nearby dog park so he can get his exercise and develop some social skills. He is a little over 4 mos old now, gets along great with other dogs and pretty well with our cat. My boyfriend actually just hired a dog trainer that is going to come to our house soon to show us how to properly train him. His potty training is getting better, but definitely still needs work. It was very easy to get attached to Jake. He's our little buddy, and we're excited to have him join our family! Image Image Image
JakesMomma13
Newborn Bully

Re: Hey Everyone...

Postby haranka » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:51 pm

cute baby 8)
welcome
haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:05 pm

Cute! Cute! Cute! I love in that first picture how his nose coloring is sort of shaped like a heart :)

Has anyone talked to you about the dangers of dog parks and the possibility for your boy to become unfriendly with other dogs? Here's the (probably most commonly linked) thread about dog parks from this forum: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50274 Pretty much the first post of the thread covers all of the important things. If you okay with having him there, just know that eventually he might stop tolerating the other dogs. It is very common (and there's nothing wrong with your boy if it happens) for PB type dogs, as they mature, to become less and less tolerant of other dogs-even dogs they've know their whole lives, even dogs that seem like they're BFFs. It doesn't happen to all of them, and it isn't anything you have or haven't done as an owner. It's just...what were these guys bred for? For how many years were they bred that way? While the dog you have probably wasn't specifically bred for that, and very likely neither were his parents-it's still genetically there. Like a Collie herding or a Golden retrieving.

Hopefully if you weren't already aware of these things, they don't scare you, and instead encourage you to do some heavy duty research.

:welcome: Hope you enjoy it here!
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:31 pm

:welcome: Where abouts are you from? Can you tell us a little about yourself as well? Please read the link Jamie posted, as it is filled with some really good info on dog parks.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby MarMar » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm glad to see you're getting some training for him. Be aware however that dog training is an unlicensed profession and it can be challenging to find a good individual. If your trainer mentions anything about dominance, alpha, physical corrections, or forbids you to use food rewards, be wary. They are probably to be avoided.
MarMar
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Introductions