*wave*

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

*wave*

Postby Rubysmom1981 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:03 am

Hi,
My name is Amanda. I'm a cashier in the black hills (SD)
I grew up in Idaho, with high content wolf hybrids. We had a border collie/poodle mix too. I have had many dogs in my life. I used our hybrids Caprice (23) & Ka Cheena (18), for my 4-H projects. We also participated in parades, and a session of the Idaho state house hearings about laws to ban them. They died at very advanced age. I had Wizzer, a lab/retriever cross, a rescue, that sadly died due to complications of diabeties. He was 11. We've rescued and fostered dogs through the years off and on and adopted a few srs that have since passed on, mostly big dogs, most from abuse/neglect situations. I was always around friends pitbulls and crosses. I fell in love! After my cross country move (and changes in circumstance) I was now able to afford a dog again.
I had been thinking about a new walking buddy, for months. Made a few trips to the shelters, but no real takers.
I went into a local kill shelter, and there she was. I thought I rescued her....it's more like the other way around. She's a little over 1 year (was in heat when I adopted her, getting spayed my next few days off, 3-4 of april). She had been dumped in the shelter, skin and bones, and still lactating. Her coat was dull and falling out. But she was an amazing dog, I could tell.
She had no name and was very sweet.
Weight the first night, 29 pounds.
Weight today, 44 pounds.
Her coats soft, and shiny. We've gone back to "show her off" (the rescuing officer likes to have success stories, makes the job more rewarding), she is a new dog! She's pit and ?? Possibly vizsla or pointer (both are popular pheasant dogs here)
She can destroy any stuffed squeaking toy in less than 20 seconds. So we can't let her even use those for play.
Ruby loves her "cuz" ball. I cut his feet off, she could have chewed them off. We've had him around for over a month, really nice toy. I think she mainly likes it because it squeaks. Lol.
We go hiking (she has a backpack, hauls all her stuff), we walk every morning and night (with her backpack on, tires her quicker, she can go 3 miles and still not be tired), play ball at the park (if no other dogs are there).
She has intense focus, and incredible drive, with play. But is gentle with kids and cats(she cuddles them). She's super submissive, approaches other dogs, and gets along great with all my friends dogs. We go for dog dates, lol.
She allows me to relax after my 10-14 hr work days. Dogs are always there. I look forward to coming home now, and all because of my little Ruby. She also knows a wide variety of tricks and commands. If I could convince my boss.... I'd take her to work with me. We have a chase toy (like a lure) and a flirt pole to play with outside on warmer weekends.
I can't figure out how to load pics from my phone. I do most of my briwsing/posting face booking etc through my phone as well please excuse any sentence structure issues lol.
Rubysmom1981
Newborn Bully

Re: *wave*

Postby Smokey » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:12 am

Cuz Balls are great!

:welcome:
Smokey
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Welcome! I personally upload pics and post through Tapatalk. It's a forum host app I downloaded to my phone.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Rubysmom1981 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:17 am

Lol tapa talk is not a free app. I don't really post on enough forums to justify the cost lol if you want pics I can message the mods through Facebook privately. :)
Rubysmom1981
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 am

There's a sticky at the top of this section on how to post pics from a computer, if you ever want to go that route. Pics aren't required here, so no worries. You'll be approved soon...

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Rubysmom1981 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:22 pm

Yup, I turn my "desktop" on like twice a year lol! I do want to share pictures eventually..... Next time I turn that bad boy on I'll load oodles, I've managed to take 40 this last month! I'm just so in love with her. She has a very short attention span, and becomes bored easy, so I have to keep giving her "jobs". She "helps" me fold laundry. ill point at the basket, she picks up an item and I fold it. She also picks trash up off the floor and brings it to you (she did this since day one here, gave me the idea to use her for laundry lol) My boyfriend watches her while I'm at work (we work opposite shifts) she's only "kenneled" 2-3 hours a day. She usually sleeps in her crate with the door open anyhow.
Whenever I leave the house (besides work) she goes with me. She can tell the diff between work clothes and clothes, I have the same routine every morning wether I work or not. she takes and hides my shoes when I set out work clothes. I'll find one in the hamper, and one in her crate.... She's such a goober.

I'm a believer in rescues, and pound puppies..... They KNOW what it's like to have it BAD, so they know when they have it good. Somebody loved her once, she knew sit and shake, was housebroken, has manners.... etc. their loss is my gain. I don't have any idea why someone would breed a dog on her first heat then discard her like that.... Espescially since somebody spent so much time and love on her.

We (the vet and I) aren't sure IF she is a cross, or a really low end pittie, she was obviously stunted, she def has a pit face and the muscles, but her chest isn't very wide, but it's deep. She's pretty long and lean in body type, and has a slight curl to her skinny tail. She is a bright clear red rust color. With white "trim" and all her trim has red speckles in it. (What made the rescuer think pointer) she looked way less pit when she was found, 16 pounds does a lot to fill out a body and face. She looks like a new dog now.

She has also been beaten. She is hand shy around strangers. if they move too quickly, she does close her eyes and duck. We are working on this. Not with people she knows, anymore, just new people. She loves everybody, but she is afraid of over handed quick movements (like a swat, or smack) anyway... Lol I'm just rambling now.
Rubysmom1981
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:12 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions