Hello from Cincinnati

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Cincinnati

Postby elbowleg » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:42 pm

My name is Jason. I first became interested in Pitbulls about 6 years ago. I had 5 or 6 friends (that number has grown to 10 or more) with Pit pups and I wanted one, so I got one.

Ruca is my dog. She is 5 years old. Spayed and all shots updated. I've had her since she was 5 weeks old.

I'm a chef in training. I work full time in a casual fine dining establishment, and I work part time nights as a pizza delivery driver.

My dog has been my best friend for 5 great years, but I'm in a tough spot and I feel that I need to find her a new home. I work so much that I cant give her the proper care she needs (long walks, trips to the park).

My girlfriend is at home taking care of our newborn all day and doesnt have time to care for our dog.

I'm looking into shelters and trying to find a home for her but I'm not having any luck. My girlfriend is becoming impatient and it's causing us to fight almost daily. She seems to think dog training wont help with Rucas behavioral problems. She has bitten 4 people on the hand within the last 6 months. 3 of them were strangers (2 of them children). She is a great dog, she is wonderful with cats and she sleeps in bed with my 5 year old son.

I'm totally lost and my heart is broken. Letting her go will not be easy, but finding her a home is even less easy than saying goodbye.

So that's why I'm here. I'm hoping to find some resources that can convince my girlfriend to keep Ruca if obedience training is a viable option. Or atleast find a proper way to get her in to a good home.

please help!
elbowleg
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Cincinnati

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:02 am

:welcome:

Please keep in mind the rules of PBF while posting about this elsewhere in the forum. We would be more than happy to help you find ways to keep your friend and work on any issues that may be causing issues within your household.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=132672
[3] No advertising of owner surrender
As a rescue-oriented forum, many here find it especially galling when a dog who already has its "forever home" is advertised for rehoming. We are happy to offer suggestions and resources that may help you find creative ways to keep your dog, but PBF is not to be used to help you get rid of a dog. You may post information about dogs in foster care who are still in need of their "forever home."

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions