Buddy's really a good dog

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Buddy's really a good dog

Postby dogtracker » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Hello to all the other great pitbull owners.
My name is Ellie for short and I live in wonderful Wisconsin, where the mosquitoes are as big as hummingbirds and where it's only COLD when it's -55 outside.
I'm retired from the local school district where I was first line defense for the computers. "Stand away from the computer!" My kids are grown and I'm a granny which is a job I really love.
I have two dogs. One is a huge yellow lab that I've had for over 5 years. She's a doll and is the calming force for most everyone (although even she has her quirks)
My Buddy came to us as a stray a year ago. He crawled up our driveway on his belly. He was too beautiful for someone to "throw away" so I advertised and called humane societies in the area. I refused to take him to one since I know it's hard for this breed to find homes. We aren't even sure he's pure bred since he's smallish (55lb) and his nose seems longer. Doesn't matter though.
At first I was kind of leery of the Budster but I soon learned he was a cream puff. He was not aggressive to my lab. In fact, he is so bonded with her it's unreal. He's met other dogs and cats and shows either no interest or just wants to play. We think he's now around 2 and I know that's the time they can get a different outlook going so we're careful.
We did have him neutered while we were looking for a new home and then we realized he was already home.
He's got his problems and I want to find out what to do about them and I hope I've come to the right place.
dogtracker
Newborn Bully

Re: Buddy's really a good dog

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Welcome! What a lovely introduction! I can't wait to see photos of your cream puff. Thank you for taking him in.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby jamielvsaustin » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:22 am

Welcome Ellie! I think you've found the right place and you're already off to a good start (knowing now is around the time Buddy may become mature and intolerant of other dogs). Hopefully a mod will come through soon and approve you so you can post your concerns...please be patient as they are all volunteers :)
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:23 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions