Intro

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Intro

Postby IvyRaven » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Hello! I'm Raven, a 25 year old female from Mohave Valley, AZ. I have been involved with the Pit Bull breed and all its variations since I was 11 years old. I got my first pit bull/lab mix at that point in time. Her name is Niki, and when I moved out on my own over 4 years ago, my grandparents (grandfather in particular) grew extremely attached, and I could not find it in my heart to take her with me. In the time on my own, I have fostered many pit bulls, saved many on my own as well. I have had a couple that were extremely old, and I let them live out their lives with me under veterinary supervision. I often "puppy sit" my brother's adult pit bull, as well. On June 26th, I seen a puppy that absolutely stole my heart. He is an American Pit Bull Terrier mix (perhaps cattle dog, perhaps...???) All I know is his mom is definitely APBT. He was free, but I have invested a lot of money for his first vet visit and vaccination series (he is 6 months with NO vet history!!! grrrr!!!) The next one is coming fast, for his neuter. The vet may pull his last "baby tooth" if it does not fall out on its own before then...you can see it in the photo I'm posting, looks like he has two "fangs" on one side, lol!

Here is a picture of him...I hope, anyway!
His name is Layne (like Layne Staley of Alice in Chains!)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My end goal with him would just be to have him extremely socialized, and trained with all kinds of tricks. He is such a sweetheart, I truly believe he would light up lives if given the chance. I haven't decided precisely what we should aim for...for right now, socializing and training seems to be the best idea.

A little more about myself, well I do have other dogs! There's Marley the Great Dane, Jager the Miniature Pinscher, Shadow the lab mix and Rayden the German Shepherd...all rescued in some way. There's Azzy the cornsnake, as well as Demon the cat. I'm engaged to an awesome man who loves my furred and scaled kids. We live on a large piece of land in the middle of the desert, so it gets hot out here, but luckily, we have an amazing A/C system. I love music, and my fiance Jason plays in a band, as well as does guitar covers and puts them online. I work at a local newspaper company, and volunteer at animal shelters and rescues as much as I can.

I think that covers the basics. If I can, I will add my Facebook link to my profile here, if you're interested. Be warned, I crosspost dogs in need a lot! I also share a lot of photos of my own dogs, my family's dogs, dogs I see at the park (and kindly ask their owners for a photo of!), etc.
IvyRaven
Newborn Bully

Re: Intro

Postby chinchi_&_chupa » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:51 am

Hi from Havasu!!! Check out our group We Love Pit Bulls LHC:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/We-love- ... 6352106358

I know it's a little bit of a drive - not too bad, but we do monthly Proper Pit Bull walks for socialization and practice for the London Bridge Days Parade and would love to have you once his shots are completed! He's pretty cute and I love his name!!
chinchi_&_chupa
Matured Bully

Postby haranka » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:41 pm

welcome 8)
haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:03 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator