New member! I love my pit mix!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New member! I love my pit mix!

Postby jenjen80 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:42 am

Hello everyone!

My name is Jenny. I'm a 34-year-old engaged pit mix owner from Augusta, GA. We recently adopted a rescue pit mix. I've lived with other breeds, including a German Shepherd when I was a kid, and I had a Toy Poodle from my first marriage. I prefer the medium to large breeds, but he was a sweetie! After I got divorced from my first marriage, I moved around the city alot with different roommates, and most of them had different breeds. I've lived with 2 Weimeraners (spelling?) separately and they both seemed to have seperation anxiety. A dacschund, a lab retriever (very hyper, and the owner did not leash or crate train or do any training, so she was crazy on a daily basis! But a total sweetheart. While I lived with the lab retriever owner we found 2 puppies on her parents farm that we took in. They looked like shepherd mixes. I'm a total cat person, but I love all animals. I've owned a tuxedo cat and a domestic shorthair. Right now I have a 4 yr old Russian Blue named Solus. We rescued her from a family that no longer wanted her. We got her when she was 2 1/2 yrs old. She didn't like my fiance at first, I think bc the male at the previous house was mean to her. After 6 months of working with her, she loves my fiance now, along with his daughter, and pretty much anyone who comes in the house and does not smell like other animals... ;)

My current dog is Bubby, a 6-7 month old brindle colored pit mix. We've had him for a lil over a month. It's crazy how we came to be together! We were not in the market to adopt anyone for a few yrs, but we wanted to help out the homeless dogs in some way, so we decided to do some fostering. Bubby was our 2nd foster to come along. The rescue agency that found him said he was literally skin and bones, barely alive, starving. The picture is absolutely horrific. But, this baby had fight left in him. 2 weeks later, he's ready to be fostered by us. He is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met in my life. I have never EVER been attached to a dog before, but I became immediately attached. 2 weeks after we brought him in we decided we wanted to keep him forever. We've had him for a month now, and I can't imagine life without him now. My cat tolerates him, but she still hisses every now and then. :)

Anyway, I'm available to talk to anytime. :woowoo:
jenjen80
Newborn Bully

Re: New member! I love my pit mix!

Postby haranka » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:37 am

Welcome Jenny 8)
haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: New member! I love my pit mix!

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:52 am

Hi Jenny :welcome:
:modwelcomeonly3: