Hello from Appalachia

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Appalachia

Postby Siloh » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:40 am

Hi, my name is Siloh, and I joined this forum for extra support in my journey with a new dog, a pitbull mastiff mix. Frankly, my greatest interest outside writing and (manically, compulsively) reading is spending time with my dogs, particularly my little soulmate beagle who is very athletic.

Hamlet is five months old, and he has been with me, my SO, and our three other dogs (dachshund 16.5 yrs, beagle/basset 6 yrs., chihuahua 1.5 yrs), as well as our cat, for about five weeks.

Hamlet was the result of a break-up which forced his owner to move into an apartment with a 30lbs weight limit on dogs. When attempting to rehome him, he could not find a suitable home and was instead faced with extravagant bids from people wanting to fight the dog. He approached my fiancé about taking him in, and after preparing to say no while I ran the math on financing such a dog's health, food, and training... It turned out we could do it comfortably.

However, I knew from the start what I was up against in terms of committing to ensure this dog could be a proper ambassador for his "type."

As far as I can tell, he is an APBT x corso mix. This is my best guess while we wait for breeder information and vet records (it has been complicated by the break-up and other situational factors for the prior owner).

I hope to learn and grow with you all. I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to brag about how well Hamlet is taking to the rigorous standards I have been setting for him!

"Nothing is neither good nor bad, but thinking makes it so."
Hamlet Prince of Denmark
Siloh
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Appalachia

Postby Siloh » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:44 am

Sorry, I can't figure out how I can edit. Myself and my fiancé are 23-year-old college graduates planning our futures as we settle in a new town in Appalachia with my mother-in-law (or soon to be, whatever).

Here are some pictures:

ImageImageImageImage

"Nothing is neither good nor bad, but thinking makes it so."
Hamlet Prince of Denmark
Siloh
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Appalachia

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:08 pm

:welcome: to the forum Siloh! You can edit your posts, but only for a short time after they've been posted (I think it's like 2 minutes or some really small amount of time). No worries though, a second post (especially one with pictures) is perfect!
:modwelcomeonly3:
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Return to Introductions