Pit newbie

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Pit newbie

Postby ItsAmandaYall » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:52 pm

Hi everybody.

My name is Amanda. I'm a 26, and married, living in Houston, TX. If everything goes planned I will be getting my first pit bull tomorrow! He's 18 months I believe. My husband's friend breeds/holds them for his friends. I've had my eye on Bo Peep(the dog) for a while, and today he asked me if I wanted him. He just had to call his friend to make sure he wanted to sell him. So when my husband told me the dog was mine I almost cried. Should be getting him tomorrow sometime. Will keep in touch with what happens.

Also, I don't have any children or dogs. I just got three baby chickens that I'm holding till they get big then giving them back to my husband's friend. I've always wanted a baby chicken, lol.
ItsAmandaYall
Newborn Bully

Re: Pit newbie

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Hi Amanda,
We ask that new members post an intro similar to the one linked below before we allow them full access to the site. You're off to a good start but we need just a tad bit more :)

What do you hope to do with your new dog? Do you have any initial questions we can help with?

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64327
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby ItsAmandaYall » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Adding more info..honestly this is my first experience with pit bulls. I fell in love with the individual dog which opened me to the breed. I've had Carob for four days now, and it upsets me about the negative things being said about pits.

Right now he's just a family dog, but I'm wanting to look into agility. I have zero experience with it, and haven't given it a thought until I read from multiple places that pits are good at agility. I'm also wanting to look into obedience, he loves to jump up, which I correct each time. And working on getting along with other dogs, I want to be able to bring him places with me like Petsmart which is within walking distance from my house.

Other then loving on my new furchild my two biggest hobbies are reading and photography. I used to go fourwheeling/snowmobiling, but can't afford the four wheeler and since I moved to Texas, there's no snow.

And now some pictures of Carob!! and one of me.. :oops:

ItsAmandaYall
Newborn Bully

Postby Nickdawg » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:45 pm

awww, he's cute!
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:41 pm

He IS cute, and so are you :)

:modwelcomeonly2: