Pitbull Pup!!!! Help!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Chloe_Pitbull
Newborn Bully

Pitbull Pup!!!! Help!

Postby Chloe_Pitbull » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:52 am

We recently adopted a 9 week old pitbull puppy! She gnaws at everything. Are there any tips to stop the biting? Also, teaching commands, I'm struggling with "sit". Is she too young!

Bullseye

Re: Pitbull Pup!!!! Help!

Postby Bullseye » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:40 pm

At 9 weeks she is pretty much a blank canvas, take you time reward with treats, as for the nibbling it's a puppy thing and she'll likely grow out of it :)

:modwelcomeonly2:

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:43 pm

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:49 pm

also check out https://drsophiayin.com/videos/ scroll down to get past the chickens :)

see this thread for context - lotsa good stuff about a member here asking for advice on 10 week old pup viewtopic.php?f=6&t=131237&hilit=seze

and Badrap always has great stuff http://www.badrap.org under training

Chilly

Postby Chilly » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:03 am

:welcome:

mommyof2bulls
Newborn Bully

Postby mommyof2bulls » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:40 pm

Hey there im new to this forum too :nana:
I will say i know your pain with puppy biting. Every puppy has raisers for teeth so i emphasize on the word pain.
Pitbull puppies are no different then other breed of puppies just get them a little teething toy at Walmart or any pet shop and let them know that is what they chew on and not your fingers. Also puppies require alot of attention and socialization (you might already know that, but that was my biggest advice i received that truly helped) Pitbulls are very smart and learn fast, but this breed like any breed needs to have more than one training session and needs plenty of positive reinforcement. Go on You tube there are lots of great videos to help you with your puppy! Thank you for trusting the "breed" and realizing they are not the problem. I hope this helps and i wish you all the luck !
-Bri

Return to “Introductions”