Looking for a new " lil' Buddy"

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
kwg
Newborn Bully

Looking for a new " lil' Buddy"

Postby kwg » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:32 pm

My name is Kurt and I live in southern Wisconsin. My first experience with the bully breed was a AmStaff back around 2000. I bought Tessie as a small pup and she everything I could've ever wanted in a dog. I had her for around 10 years before she got cancer and I had to put her to sleep. She was my "right hand". I never saw a dog that was so connected to it's owner. Putting her down one of the hardest things I ever had to do. A short time went by and I needed to have that companionship again. My next best friend was Kira. She was a small framed Pitbull that once again was everything I expected plus a lot more. I live on 36 acres and Kira along with her black lab brother just loved shadowing my every step. They had a blast and so did I. Kira was "it"! I was so closely connected to her it was awesome. Then one day she stopped eating her food. The next day she thew up a small piece of rope. I thought all was well. She still didn't eat so I took her to the vet. They took x-rays with die. The vet wasn't sure if all was ok and said to watch her for a day or two. I then took her to vet emergency hospital which had better x-ray equipment. They said there was still an obstruction and some was in the intestine. She needed surgery ASAP. The vet said he thinks her intestine gave way just as he went in. They did all they could. I spent a boat load of money but couldn't save her. I would've spent anything to keep her alive. Funny thing is never ever ate anything she was suppose to. Now I'm looking for a new "buddy". I'm having a tough time finding just a nice pet quality pup. Kira's mom and dad were both a family's pets and she was a gem. I don't know if this site has a spot to list puppy's or if someone could steer me in the right direction I'd love it. I just love the breed and get so mad when people make faces when they her the word "pitbull". The dogs are awesome, sometimes there owners are not.

Chilly

Re: Looking for a new " lil' Buddy"

Postby Chilly » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:59 am

kwg,

nice intro :thumbsup: , loosing your dog is always the hardest part of having a dog!

Good luck with searching for a new puppy.

I look forward to your pics.

:modwelcomeonly1:

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:26 pm

hi welcome to the forum- if you are open to adoption

there are 19,117 adoptable Pit Bull Terrier dogs near WI

https://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?lo ... nce=&name=

some are in or have been in foster care so can get an idea of personality temperment etc.
can narrow down further by place of course.

best of luck however you decide to go....

haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby haranka » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:50 am

Hello and welcome 8)

Return to “Introductions”