Greetings

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
rslaliberte
Newborn Bully

Greetings

Postby rslaliberte » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:01 pm

I'm Robbie from Southeastern New England, a town that is unfortunately in the news because of an ignorant City Council who have it in there head that they can repeal or circumvent a state law that prohibits breed specific legislation.

I have a dog. Might she be part APBT? Maybe. I don't know for sure, she was rescued as a puppy in a state far from here and I am not her original guardian. As far as I am concerned, she is my dog and she's a mixed-breed. And she is my baby, my princess, my cuddle-bug and the sweetest animal I have ever known.

I've gotten to know some dogs that are likely pit-mixes or pit bulls of one kind or another (yes, I am very careful about labels and without specific breed identification I won't label) over the years and learned to overcome the horrible prejudice that was instilled in me since I was a teen. I remember in the mid-80's when this whole mess started, I remember suddenly hearing about these dogs and how awful they were. And I believed it. Until I met a man who had two and he loved them so much he had their names and faces tattooed on his body. I dealt with the cognitive dissonance but it took meeting my baby to really understand and banish what had been done to me.

Now I am advocate and desperately trying to wade through the conflicting information available. I know about Colleen Lyn and Merritt Clifton, so they don't enter into my calculations other than to roundly dismiss them and anyone associated with them and they help me spot others of their ilk. But then you look at the scientific publications and you see that they are often in direct contradiction to each other... and they cost $30 a pop to read more than the abstract most of the time.

But I need resources, because I will not let the city council attempt, again, to circumvent or get changed the laws in this state. And that's a lot of the reason I am here, looking for advice and people to talk to and to learn how to be a good advocate not just a loud-mouth.

I hope this was an appropriate introduction.
Thanks.

Bullseye

Re: Greetings

Postby Bullseye » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:14 am

Yes it is an appropriate introduction, we've had BSL in England since 1991, there has been calls to remove it time & time again, even the RSPCA have called to remove it, but constant backsliding from the RSPCA & it's still here, as for Coleen Lynn she's just a career troll, I thought she would have given up by now XD

:modwelcomeonly2:

patty

Re: Greetings

Postby patty » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:09 am

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you!

Return to “Introductions”