New here and REALLY need help!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Wyldkat
Newborn Bully

New here and REALLY need help!

Postby Wyldkat » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:48 pm

Hi, I'm Tina. I'm from California and my 9 year old ASD son has a 7 year old pit/boxer mix as his support animal. We adopted Alex about a year and a half ago and he is wonderful except that he came with separation anxiety. I've worked with dogs all my life, trained for show, the whole 9 yards, but nothing prepared me for a dog that can chew through a steel crate! I don't really do forums and am not very tech savvy, but I really need to find someplace with people who might have some suggestions for us. It had been better for awhile, but we came home today to find the doorframe (soaked in bitter apple) to the 20x40 room he stays in when we have to leave completely demolished. Staying in the yard when we aren't home isn't an option because he likes to go on adventures if he's outside and we aren't home and we have a metal fence he could chew through on one side of the yard. We don't want to rehome him, it would break my son, but I am worried about him hurting himself (getting hit or shot if he escapes the yard...) or actually chewing through the wall! We are considering muzzles (afraid he might tear his head apart to get one off) and electric fences, but this big dope doesnt seem to register pain so... I'm out of ideas and hoping people here might have some I haven't thought of. Thank you!

Bullseye

Re: New here and REALLY need help!

Postby Bullseye » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:30 pm

Well all I can suggest is that you get a really good fence for your yard (at least 10') & put some mesh on the top, the top mesh only need to be about 2' & give him something to keep him occupied for a few hours while you are away like a bone..

Hope this helps..

Let us know how you get on..

~John~

:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”