New puppy / new member! :)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Fast_Eddie
Newborn Bully

New puppy / new member! :)

Postby Fast_Eddie » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:12 pm

Hello everyone! Three days ago my wife and I got our very first full blooded pit. We have always had Chow-Chows before they lived 14 and 15 years respectively. We went for a few years with no pets and then a friend of ours had money problems so we adopted his female pit / lab mix ( she is now 2.5 years old and fixed ) She has been a great dog! So we decided to start looking for a playmate for her. The above image is from a craigslist post that we responded to. Notice his ribs are sticking out and he is standing in what looks like a empty dish. We feel in love with his cuteness and wanted to save him. When we brought him home he had to have a bath before he even touched the floor. He was covered in dirt and fleas! On day 2 we took him to the vet for his 1st round of shots. His overall health checked out good except he is 15-20 pounds under weight according to the vet. he is 3 months old and weighs 12.6 pounds. Also it seems he has not been socialized very much around people. He does do very good in a crate (at night) and gets along well with our female. Except for the fact he is trying to mount her ALL the time. We will be getting him fixed soon. Now I'm getting to my question! :cheerleader:
This 3month old puppy is friendly and seems to be enjoying his new home, he is NOT housebroke but making great progress. When it comes to play time. He starts like any normal puppy but after a few minutes of play it seems he just turns into a SUPER aggressive mode. growling, snarling , biting and attacking! :wow
Is this normal for a pit pup ?

Bullseye

Re: New puppy / new member! :)

Postby Bullseye » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:01 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:

Fast_Eddie
Newborn Bully

Postby Fast_Eddie » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:08 pm

This 3month old puppy is friendly and seems to be enjoying his new home, he is NOT housebroke but making great progress. When it comes to play time. He starts like any normal puppy but after a few minutes of play it seems he just turns into a SUPER aggressive mode. growling, snarling , biting and attacking! :wow
Is this normal for a pit pup ?

:eek:

patty

Postby patty » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:36 pm

Welcome to the forum. Your puppy is adorable and seems to be acting like a normal pup.

Please visit our Training and behavior section and search for the problems you are having.

It's great that he likes his crate and I would use this as a valuable training tool. You need to set boundaries on his behavior.

haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby haranka » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:37 pm

Welcome to the PBF :hi

Return to “Introductions”