Introduction

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Raelie
Newborn Bully

Introduction

Postby Raelie » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:22 am

Hi, all,
I live in Whitehorse, Yukon (Canada). I have always liked the breed but never felt that I could devote the time needed to raise a really good dog from a puppy because I work long hours and I'm a single mom to a now adult son with physical and intellectual disabilities. My son loves the breed as well. We both love the goofy personalities of the pit bulls we've known and their silly faces. We believe there are very few bad dogs, but a whole lot of bad dog owners.

Right now we have a 16 year old Bichon Frise/Poodle cross (a "bitchy-poo") named Charlie. We adopted Charlie after his former owner died. I know Charlie won't be with us for too many more years, so I decided to start looking for a pit bull now because I don't know where to start and I think it will take a while to find the right dog. I don't even know whether I want a puppy, or since I'm close to retirement age, whether I should look for an older dog who needs a new forever home. That's why I decided to look for a Forum and after reading the rules, I thought this Forum would be a good place to hang out.

We also have two young cats - Messy, a very beautiful but brainless 2 year old purebred faded blue tortoiseshell Persian and Larry, a very handsome, too clever for his own good, 1 year old barn cat. My friends say that since Larry joined us, I have the Three Stooges for pets.

I think that's about it. Happy New Year to all,
Raelie
posting.php?mode=post&f=17#

Bullseye

Re: Introduction

Postby Bullseye » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:20 am

Sounds like you have a few critters to keep you busy ;)

:modwelcomeonly2:

patty

Postby patty » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:37 pm

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

You do have your hands full! You are an angel for taking in Charlie, would love to see pictures of him and your kitties too :)

Glad to hear you are considering adopting an older pit bull. Are there any shelters or rescues near you?

If you have any questions please let us know.

petty254
Newborn Bully

Postby petty254 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Welcome to the forum, rest assured that you are joining the best community to meet other Pit owners and share your experiences. :welcome:

haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby haranka » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:41 am

Hello and welcome 8)

Return to “Introductions”