New to forum

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Akeath
Newborn Bully

New to forum

Postby Akeath » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:12 pm

I'm new to the forum, and trying to gain access to ask a question. Hopefully once I've posted in here I can do that.

Akeath
Newborn Bully

Re: New to forum

Postby Akeath » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:31 pm

A little more details: I don't have a Pit Bull of my own. One of my cousins has Pit Bull puppies that he hasn't been able to rehome, as he lives way, way out in the country where hardly anyone lives. He was going to shoot the pups since he couldn't find a home for them, but I volunteered to take a 2 1/2 hour drive down there and take the pups up to a no-kill shelter by where I live that specializes in Pit Bulls up here so they can find a good home and won't have to be euthanized.

They don't have any collars or leashes themselves, and the dogs are completely untrained. I wanted to purchase some collars and leashes for them so I could take them on bathroom breaks partway through the drive without worrying about them getting lost or running off. Two of the pups are 4 months old, and there's also one that is about full grown that is from a previous litter that I'm taking as well. My cousin is very hard to reach down there (no internet and minimal phone service), so I'm trying to find out before I go down tomorrow what size of collar the dogs might need. There is no pet store within an hour of their house, so I'll likely need to guesstimate the sizes of the collars and have them bought before I go down there.

Any tips about how to make them comfortable for the car trip would also be good. They love people and work well with kids, but they aren't used to being cooped up, aren't house trained, have never worn collars, and don't know any basic commands. So any help for getting them to the shelter safely and comfortably would be really appreciated.

Bullseye

Postby Bullseye » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:46 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:

patty

Postby patty » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:42 pm

Welcome to the forum. It is a great resource for training and behavior, please search that section.

Thank you for helping out these guys. Where are you located and perhaps I can give you more information.

haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby haranka » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:58 am

Welcome 8)

Return to “Introductions”