Hello- new here. I have a sick pit bull

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Captains Wife

Hello- new here. I have a sick pit bull

Postby Captains Wife » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:38 pm

Hello,
Glad to know there is a place to talkabout our breed.

Our 4 year old American Red Nose has recently just stopped eating, dropped from 72 pounds to 64 pounds, is drinking excessive amounts of water.

So the vet drew blood, urine, etc and said she has the following issues and will get back to me next week....

So we took her in yesterday to the vet and today they said the following:

1. She has an 18.7 blood calcium level. Should be 8?
2. She has diluted urine
3. She has a high level of protien in her blood. I think she said this. I was out at Disney and had a hard time hearing every detail.
4. Some words I can barely understand....imatacnik, intidiaretic, melbulary? I am not sure. medical words and a loud background do not mix.
5. She is showing signs of deydration
6. She has no tempature
7. Shows no signs of physical pain when examined but maybe a lymphnoide is a bit swollen.
8. They said to feed her human food for now - low fat. So I fed her some brown rice and egg whites and grilled halibut.

She mentioned pre-cancer but felt she is too young for it but still needs to consult with other docs to figure out what do for her.

Do any of you recognise the above? Any words of wisdom?

She will call me as soon as she learns more. Meanwhile, need to research on my own.

My poor girl. This is not good news.

Thanks in advance,

If this is not the right place to ask,let me know.

CR

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:14 pm

Sounds like kindey failure.... did vet say anything about that?

Possibly just a thyroid problem, fixed by meds

Best thoughts with you and yours! Keep us updated

Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Postby Ariel Payopay » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:00 am

:modwelcomeonly1: I know what you're asking is a health question. But this is the introduction section. Please introduce yourself here. I have accepted your membership and you should now be able to bring your concern to the proper section. :thumbsup:

Return to “Introductions”