Glad to know there is a place to talkabout our breed.
Our 4 year old American Red Nose has recently just stopped eating, dropped from 72 pounds to 64 pounds, is drinking excessive amounts of water.
So the vet drew blood, urine, etc and said she has the following issues and will get back to me next week....
So we took her in yesterday to the vet and today they said the following:
1. She has an 18.7 blood calcium level. Should be 8?
2. She has diluted urine
3. She has a high level of protien in her blood. I think she said this. I was out at Disney and had a hard time hearing every detail.
4. Some words I can barely understand....imatacnik, intidiaretic, melbulary? I am not sure. medical words and a loud background do not mix.
5. She is showing signs of deydration
6. She has no tempature
7. Shows no signs of physical pain when examined but maybe a lymphnoide is a bit swollen.
8. They said to feed her human food for now - low fat. So I fed her some brown rice and egg whites and grilled halibut.
She mentioned pre-cancer but felt she is too young for it but still needs to consult with other docs to figure out what do for her.
Do any of you recognise the above? Any words of wisdom?
She will call me as soon as she learns more. Meanwhile, need to research on my own.
My poor girl. This is not good news.
Thanks in advance,
If this is not the right place to ask,let me know.
************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Ariel Payopay
- Site Admin
- Posts: 3263
- Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:58 am
- Location: Spanaway, WA
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests