YOU CAN'T POST WITHOUT A PROPER INTRODUCTION. SAMPLE HERE!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

YOU CAN'T POST WITHOUT A PROPER INTRODUCTION. SAMPLE HERE!

Postby bahamutt99 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:02 am

I think a lot of people when they first come to this forum are a bit taken aback by the intro process. I thought I'd write up a sample intro to help people come up with something to say when they don't know what to say. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everybody.

My name is Lindsay. I'm a 27-year-old married APBT owner out here in dusty Northeast Oklahoma. I've lived with this breed for nearly 20 years, starting with a stray brindle mixed puppy that we took in. I've lived with other breeds, including a Rottweiler and a Dogo Argentino, but the American Pit Bull Terrier is my passion. My introduction to the breed was accidental, but I've since become addicted to their versatility, bright intelligence, athleticism and humor.

My current dog is Loki, a 3-year-old rednose girl from Matrix kennels. I picked her up as a 10-week-old puppy after several years of research into the right breeder for me. She's been a really awesome dog, always making new friends and admirers. We currently compete in obedience, agility and weight pull, and are thinking about other things for the future. I'd like to get her UCDX, UWPCH and UAGI (and maybe UAGII) this year. Loki really enjoys learning new things, and I have fun teaching her.

My other interests include reptiles, anime, video games and anything deep-fried, cheesy, or chocolatey. (As you can see, fitness and exercise are not listed. lol) I've got a 6-year-old Ball Python named Riff-Raff, a 2-year-old rescue kitty named Kiba, and a few fishtanks. I author http://www.PitBullblog.com, and I also moderate a handful of dog forums, including this one.

Looking forward to being an active part of the forum!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This would be considered a good intro, at least by me. And maybe I'm biased, but I'm also one of the ones who has to evaluate newcomers, and I like reading intros like this. :) In the 3 main paragraphs, I managed to talk about:

1. My basic stats, including location without getting too specific.
2. My history with the breed and how I got into it.
3. What I like about the breed.
4. My own dog.
5. My APBT-related interests (the obedience, agility, etc., and our goals for the future).
6. My unrelated interests, including my other pets
7. I also included a link where folks could read a bit more about me, if they were interested enough (the blog).
8. I also threw in pics and video, which always makes people happy.

Hopefully this will help you out if you're having a hard time thinking of things to say for your intro. Most importantly, have fun with it. Its not a job interview. We just want to know a bit about you so we can give you the big thumbs up and say...

:modwelcomeonly1:
bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Return to Introductions