Goughnuts!

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
creiter
Newborn Bully

Re: Goughnuts!

Postby creiter » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:06 am

I caved and bought Duke his first Goughnut Black. We are both really looking forward to it! I will post pics/how he likes it after we receive our order. Until then... he's off to destroy some other toy!

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:49 pm

So...We got in the original black Goughnut yesterday. I just gave it to Curly about an hour ago because I wanted to be able to supervise her with it. She is an extreme power chewer. Every power chewer toy that should be "indestructible" has never lasted more than 15 minutes without being shredded....UNTIL NOW!!!! :) You have no idea how happy this toy for her makes me! She has been going at it HARD for the last hour and has only managed to scratch it. No pieces have came off...yet. This one is holding up so well, that she has actually managed to tire herself out so much that she's now laying sideways with it in her mouth resting! I know it is only the first day having it, but at the rate she is going I'll def buy more should she end up destroying this one. It's priced great, and totally worth it to see her get this much out of it so far! So, a HUGE Thank You to the Goughnuts team!!!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Curly_07 wrote:So...We got in the original black Goughnut yesterday. I just gave it to Curly about an hour ago because I wanted to be able to supervise her with it. She is an extreme power chewer. Every power chewer toy that should be "indestructible" has never lasted more than 15 minutes without being shredded....UNTIL NOW!!!! :) You have no idea how happy this toy for her makes me! She has been going at it HARD for the last hour and has only managed to scratch it. No pieces have came off...yet. This one is holding up so well, that she has actually managed to tire herself out so much that she's now laying sideways with it in her mouth resting! I know it is only the first day having it, but at the rate she is going I'll def buy more should she end up destroying this one. It's priced great, and totally worth it to see her get this much out of it so far! So, a HUGE Thank You to the Goughnuts team!!!

Feedback like this is truly breathtaking. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this very positive feedback. We will continue to improve and we certainly will never compromise. Safety and fun in that order are the priority. Please continue to monitor that GoughNut and stop if you ever see red. Please spread the work as you have just accomplish and thank you again for your support and passioned feedback!

Novy
Newborn Bully

Postby Novy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:06 pm

I'm quite eager to see how Iris likes the $150 worth of Goughnuts I ordered her, hopefully she likes chewing them as much as bully sticks. Keeping her entertained isn't easy (or cheap right now). I gave her a Kong "ballistic" toy the other day and it didn't hold up any longer than the $3 toys I buy at Liquidation World, which is usually in the area of 3 minutes. I was hoping she would like Himalayan chews, but she'd rather bury them. I blocked off the dog door so she hid it in the house. Then when the dog door was open again she found it and buried it in the snow.

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:44 pm

So Curly finally broke hers. It's a small nick, but it is to the red. So I've taken it away from her. She's very pouty at the moment lol

I'll be ordering more just because nothing has lasted this long :) I really want to get her the ball one, as she's obsessed with balls and fetch.

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:23 pm

i finally got one of these, a black ring, from Doggyloots. Rosoe chewed on it all afternoon, and there's not a scratch on it. He finally just flopped over on the floor, all exhausted. lol Austin has it on the porch now, I think he likes it too. I just ordered another one. :thumbsup:

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:29 pm

Quick update - Tug Toy scheduled for next year! Drawings complete. Should be the safest (for both dog and dog owner) tug toy ever made or thought of (that is the goal anyway). GoughNuts K9 Kup Treat launch this week or next.

Question - What current chew toy, other than a GoughNut, that you or your dog loves that you would want GoughNuts to manufacture for possible better durability? Please let me know. Maybe this question is for curiosity or maybe it will lead to a collaboration. You never know. Thank you as always for your support.

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Hi Everyone! I see it has been way too long since i last posted and I apologize for that as this group has followed and supported GoughNuts for many years. Here is the deal as it relates to our newest Power Chewing offering. We never thought it was possible that any dog could chew through our MaXX Ring. This only goes to show again that THERE IS NO INDESTRUCTIBLE CHEW TOY for "that" dog. Many people think they have "that" dog. The reality is that there are some people that have "that" dog. Our key remains SAFETY. We are not interested in any contest related to destruction. We simply are in the passion/business of engineering products that meet the chewing needs of all dogs. Of course it goes without saying that the amazing animals that have owners on this forum have some of the strongest power chewing jaws. Thus our engineering team increased what is called modulus, increased tensile strength, and increased tear strength with what is called a MaXX 50. The MaXX 50 is the same size as our MaXX but with this new recipe technology it is far stronger. Please do not order this product unless your dog has chewed through to the red on an existing MaXX. If your dog has chewed though to the red on a GoughNut MaXX you have a dog that would qualify for the MaXX 50. The recipe yeilds 4300 pounds per square inch in tensile strength. If this product does not hold up to any group of dogs, we will then make a bigger product as we are intent on providing a product that fits any and all dogs. I hope everyone is doing well. Please let me know if anyone has any questions. I see new people to the forum ask all the time what can they get for their dog that they will not get though like the ----. Please remove any and all damaged toys from your dog for safety and of course on the GoughNut ring there is a red safety indicator to give clear indication.

I apologize for not posting any pictures as anyone who follows our FB or web site would tell you there are some great APBT pictures. The reason why I don't post pictures here is I simply cannot figure out how to do it. Thanks again and GoughNuts!

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:03 pm

I'll post some for you! Nero loves his MaXX, he actually won't chew on the normal one now. Glad to hear there is another option if and when he manages to wreck this one.

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Thank you for the great photos! They will be posted to our facebook page in the next couple of weeks! GoughNuts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54aa_Pif2Lg

Above is a cool you tube link of power chew Brody!

Jamie&Jessie
Newborn Bully

Postby Jamie&Jessie » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:21 am

This thread is great, thank you.

I was just coming on here to ask about chew toys. My girl destroys everything. I have gone through so many Kong Extreme toys it is getting ridiculous. Also recently tried West Paw Tux, and that was done in 30 minutes. Just last night I ordered the Goughnuts Maxx. I'm a little worried the Maxx is going to be too big for her, but I didn't want to waste the money to find out she would destroy the smaller one. :\

Spending $30 on a toy is steep, but if it lasts even a couple of months it will be a huge success! I really hope this works for her! I'm glad it has for many of you!

sunnygirl01
Adolescent Bully

Postby sunnygirl01 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:50 am

GoughNuts wrote:Quick update - Tug Toy scheduled for next year! Drawings complete. Should be the safest (for both dog and dog owner) tug toy ever made or thought of (that is the goal anyway). GoughNuts K9 Kup Treat launch this week or next.

Question - What current chew toy, other than a GoughNut, that you or your dog loves that you would want GoughNuts to manufacture for possible better durability? Please let me know. Maybe this question is for curiosity or maybe it will lead to a collaboration. You never know. Thank you as always for your support.

How soon can we expect the tug toy? Tug is Miss Bella's favorite thing but unfortunately the ropes and even the Kong tugs don't last very long. When Bella beats her person at tug, her victory dance is to shred the rope or tug. At $20 a pop, this can get expensive in a hurry! We are both looking forward to the release from Gonuts!!!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:05 pm

The GoughNuts TuG mold is complete. Prototypes will be done this month and full production will be July. Thanks for asking. We are very excited about this fun! This will be an interactive toy for use with your dog only. Our Rings should continue to serve as your power chewing mechanism.

Jamie&Jessie
Newborn Bully

Postby Jamie&Jessie » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:28 pm

I received the Maxx. I like it and it is lasting but it's a little too big/heavy for my pup. I wish I would have order the regular size. She only plays with it when she's in her super energetic moods.

sunnygirl01
Adolescent Bully

Postby sunnygirl01 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:36 am

Jamie&Jessie wrote:I received the Maxx. I like it and it is lasting but it's a little too big/heavy for my pup. I wish I would have order the regular size. She only plays with it when she's in her super energetic moods.

Jamie&Jessie, I have the smaller green ring (I think it is the Goughnut .75, I can check when I get home). My girl never plays with it so I would be happy to send it to you if you want to send me a prepaid UPS or USPS label. I bought her the Goughnut black stick at the same time and she loves it but won't play with the ring for some reason.

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”