Muzzle?

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
louie
Adolescent Bully

Re: Muzzle?

Postby louie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:04 pm

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:
louie wrote:
AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:
Rossignol wrote:I really like the Orlo style. I have been trying to find the time to make my own muzzles but it hasnt happened.

It sounds like what you would be wanting is more of a compliance muzzle, I think the Orlo would be great for that.

Orlo's are nearly impossible to get here! If you were to go into business doing them, it could be very profitable for you! I'd definitely pay a little extra for something I KNOW is quality built!

The Orlos we had to buy from a lady on a different forum. I can dig up her name and contact information if you're interested.

Tammy from BIN? lol She's like THE orlo source!

It just baffles me that here in Onscario, there isn't a decent muzzle maker to be had!

That's who we got it from, hehe.

Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby Taffys_Angel » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:40 pm

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:

It just baffles me that here in Onscario, there isn't a decent muzzle maker to be had!

Seriously!!

Every muzzle I've used on Taffy has caused her harm in one way or another. She can't wear her Hot Dog's All Dressed one anymore because it rubs and causes sores on her nose, and the fur and pigment on her lips to rub off... The Orlo she has is nice and light and open for breathing and treat-eating, but bothers her too because the straps ride too far up her nose towards her eyes... and she hates the forehead strap. She has a nylon mesh adjustable one but it's butt-ugly. A wire cage is out of the question because A)they're too heavy for her, B)they're ugly and terrifying to look at. So the one I use most around home is the Comfort muzzle, and it's not technically a legal muzzle because too much of the face is exposed for the Ontario Liberal's liking... :po:

It's so hard to find anything that fits because she's mixed... honestly, if I knew how to work leather and had access to the required materials, I'd make a custom one for her myself at this point! I'm so fed up with it all.

iluvk9
Newborn Bully

Postby iluvk9 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:53 pm

I have used a muzzle on Lenny, my Golden, because he was a biter. No warnings. Just grabbed you. We finally worked it out between us. :)

I also used the soft type on my XXXL Labrador, who often has an attitude if I am cleaning his ears.

I made a game out of it with the Lab so when I used it he didn't mind. Here he is holding it for me.

Rossignol
Matured Bully

Postby Rossignol » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Taffys_Angel wrote:
AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:

Seriously!!

Every muzzle I've used on Taffy has caused her harm in one way or another. She can't wear her Hot Dog's All Dressed one anymore because it rubs and causes sores on her nose, and the fur and pigment on her lips to rub off... The Orlo she has is nice and light and open for breathing and treat-eating, but bothers her too because the straps ride too far up her nose towards her eyes... and she hates the forehead strap. She has a nylon mesh adjustable one but it's butt-ugly. A wire cage is out of the question because A)they're too heavy for her, B)they're ugly and terrifying to look at. So the one I use most around home is the Comfort muzzle, and it's not technically a legal muzzle because too much of the face is exposed for the Ontario Liberal's liking... :po:

It's so hard to find anything that fits because she's mixed... honestly, if I knew how to work leather and had access to the required materials, I'd make a custom one for her myself at this point! I'm so fed up with it all.

Full grip gear can custom make muzzles to fit!

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:13 pm

Interesting thread, those Orlos look really nice.

I have a mesh muzzle which I don't use anymore, and a plastic basket muzzle which I use in lure coursing. But I'd like to get one that made better, do you have any contact info for the person who sells the Orlos? How much were they?

louie
Adolescent Bully

Postby louie » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Celesteandthebullies wrote:Interesting thread, those Orlos look really nice.

I have a mesh muzzle which I don't use anymore, and a plastic basket muzzle which I use in lure coursing. But I'd like to get one that made better, do you have any contact info for the person who sells the Orlos? How much were they?

I'll PM you the contact info for the Orlo muzzles. They were either $60 a piece + $10 shipping or $70 for each muzzle including shipping. They're pricey but it was difficult to find muzzles we were happy with.

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:14 am

louie wrote:

I'll PM you the contact info for the Orlo muzzles. They were either $60 a piece + $10 shipping or $70 for each muzzle including shipping. They're pricey but it was difficult to find muzzles we were happy with.

Thank you, I appriceate it. I will contact her when I get the money for one. :thumbsup:

Rossignol
Matured Bully

Postby Rossignol » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:09 am

louie wrote:They were either $60 a piece + $10 shipping or $70 for each muzzle including shipping. They're pricey but it was difficult to find muzzles we were happy with.

To me that seems a very reasonable price! :)

Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby Taffys_Angel » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:06 pm

louie wrote:

Yeah, I think I got Taffy's Orlo from a pet shop here in Toronto for $49.99 Canadian, before tax (at the time). I think they still carry them, but I haven't been to that store in a year... so I'm not 100%. I should really go check. I can't help but think that some of the models for non-pit bull breeds might be a better fit for her.

Red Chrome

Postby Red Chrome » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:30 pm

I'm looking at going to this muzzle cause they are kinda neat looking being hand-painted and all!! It is only $79.

This is what I currently use....Not a picture of mine, and mine is a little different than this one. This style is the best IMHO but also runs $149.

Rossignol
Matured Bully

Postby Rossignol » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Courtney, the second one you posted is very much like what I plan to do! I love the workmanship! The first one however, wow! $79! Great deal on the hand painted stuff!

Red Chrome

Postby Red Chrome » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:04 pm

Here is my Actual muzzle.....

Judge wearing it...

Rossignol
Matured Bully

Postby Rossignol » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:28 pm

That is amazing and beautiful!

louie
Adolescent Bully

Postby louie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:34 am

Rossignol wrote:
louie wrote:They were either $60 a piece + $10 shipping or $70 for each muzzle including shipping. They're pricey but it was difficult to find muzzles we were happy with.

Dog purchases are the easiest things to justify!

Rossignol
Matured Bully

Postby Rossignol » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:29 am

louie wrote:
Rossignol wrote:

Dog purchases are the easiest things to justify!

lol! true... :)

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”