heavy duty locking hooks

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

heavy duty locking hooks

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:49 pm

I was cleaning out some safety supplies at my desk on Friday and realized that this one item I could not give out anymore. So "what to do" with it?

I realized it had really cool hooks that lock!
These are actually parts from a "Tie Off Lanyard w/shock absorption" (this one is a dynabreak)
The only issue is that the hooks would have to have something threaded through them. But if you are looking for a really heavy duty hook, this would be it.
The long part in the picture is one of the shock absorption parts I left on so it would not really work on a spring pole because the dogs would pull it out of the housing, but it gives me a few ideas.

The only thing that stinks is that the round hole part is not open at all, so you would still have to have another clip of some sort, but what I do like is the hook is really STRONG. It has to save a 200 lb or so person from a fall, so it is strong and locks and unlocks really well.

What is neat is that if you are in the construction world, these should be a dime a dozen. Yes, they are your life line, but once they wear out, you just throw them away, so why not put them to good use?

original device

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”