Work to eat toys

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Re: Work to eat toys

Postby GoughNuts » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:54 am

Amie wrote:tee hee Oscar still has the teddy bear I gave him when he first came home from his neuter... eight years ago this month. Liberty has only once played hard enough to make a squeaky toy squeak, and she immediately put herself in time out.

That bragged, I'm looking forward to the GoughNuts WTE too!

Amie - you must be a lawyer or a psychic or simply what is needed. Still working on it but clearly you get me.

Thanks and when the product is complete we/I will call it "something?" The possibilities are endless but very important to coin correctly.

Amy

MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby MissKitty » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:58 am

When are we going to get our first look at the new toy? :yipee:

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:03 am

MissKitty wrote:When are we going to get our first look at the new toy? :yipee:

If all goes well, three to four weeks. As I am sure you know the key for me/you is safety. While the concept is complete, i still have to refine the message. There will be plenty of obstacles, but I hope that many in this forum get the first molded products for this design. This will allow for professional, thoughtful feed back that I can learn from. Thanks as always for your support.

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:09 am

MarMar wrote:Oh I would be super excited about a GoughNuts food toy as well! My GSD can't use most of the traditional food toys cause she's a bit...enthusiastic and as many of them are hard plastic she has broken several toys and several teeth :crybaby:

Will your toy be the rubber GoughNuts material??

MarMar,

I am very sorry about your animals broken teeth. The answer to you question is yes, GoughNuts rubber.

Amy

MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby MissKitty » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:11 am

GoughNuts wrote:
MissKitty wrote:When are we going to get our first look at the new toy? :yipee:

If all goes well, three to four weeks. As I am sure you know the key for me/you is safety. While the concept is complete, i still have to refine the message. There will be plenty of obstacles, but I hope that many in this forum get the first molded products for this design. This will allow for professional, thoughtful feed back that I can learn from. Thanks as always for your support.

That's great, not to far away! I am just super excited to see what it looks like!

cashisking
Bully Ambassador

Postby cashisking » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:10 pm

I've actually been using some of Cash's Toy Shoppe balls with the squeakers removed- they work well for him as a kong-like food dispenser.

If Goughnuts makes a food-dispensing toy, I will swear off all others.

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:45 am

cashisking wrote:I've actually been using some of Cash's Toy Shoppe balls with the squeakers removed- they work well for him as a kong-like food dispenser.

If Goughnuts makes a food-dispensing toy, I will swear off all others.

With all respect to those that have been before, I intend to create the best. There is a place for the best where everyone wins. Best is relative until well known. I have no intention of manufacturing the well known, just the best.

Amy

SquirrelDog6
Newborn Bully

Postby SquirrelDog6 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:52 am

I have a couple of Whippets that chew crazy. We love the kong wobbler. I am also a fan of the good old fashioned Buster Cube. My guys chew, so it has to be hard plastic, or it's wrecked in a half hour.

Amie

Postby Amie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:28 am

If it's GoughNuts, it won't be destroyed in half an hour!

I'm looking forward to this! I'm already trying to line up a donor to buy a couple dozen for my shelter - we're working on new programs to enrich the behavior of our longer-resident animals.

ClickNtreat
Adolescent Bully

Postby ClickNtreat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Oohh this is exciting.

We have the Kong wobbler - Chi Chi empties it really quickly. She hits it really hard with her paw so it spins around and sprays food out.

She also empties the buster cube super fast even on hard setting. I am talking about 7 mins max and its empty.

She also bit the wobbler close to the thread where it screws together, so we can't get it apart and have to post treats into it 1 by 1 to fill it. The damage occurred the 2nd or 3rd time she had it.

But that being said those 2 and the Kong extremes are the only toys she likes that she has not destroyed in under an hour.

Would love a toy that is harder for her to empty so she has to think more, she just uses brute force and speed on the others. Have not tried the genius or the treat ball because we know it would be a waste of money. They don't feel tough enough. She lives to rip stuff up! But she is only just over a year - she might grow out of that right? ;) She is super smart though, so something difficult would be awesome!

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:46 pm

Thanks to everyone who was interested in the Dizzy.
It's new family has already tried it out.

'someone' got "his breakfast in the dizzy and while my hand got a little workout putting the kibble in he had a great time getting it out!!"

So yeah! it's being enjoyed and someone is being challenged to work for that food. :)

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:02 pm

I ended up buying a new kong wobbler and one of those canine genius (I think thats what its called?) balls that Mya posted. Its nice but it BARELY fits 1 cup of food.

I think my biggest complaint (hint hint to toy makers abound) is that I use these as actual meal feeders not just occasional treat time and many are not suited for 2 cups of dog food. Maybe none ever will be but it would be nice.

Amie

Postby Amie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Adrianne wrote:I ended up buying a new kong wobbler and one of those canine genius (I think thats what its called?) balls that Mya posted. Its nice but it BARELY fits 1 cup of food.

I think my biggest complaint (hint hint to toy makers abound) is that I use these as actual meal feeders not just occasional treat time and many are not suited for 2 cups of dog food. Maybe none ever will be but it would be nice.

The Kong Leo holds I think almost two cups of TotW kibble (the Canine Genius version that no longer exists holds slightly more) and the Busy Buddy Kibble Nibble holds 4 cups, I believe. I usually use multiple toys (a large and a small) and hide one in the room!

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

This one holds 2 C of Canidae food. It is the Leo

This one holds 2 C of Canidae food. It is the Mike

I really need to get a Mike to do something like this and watch Flower beat the snot out of it!

Pibbles ATL
Newborn Bully

Postby Pibbles ATL » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:06 am

I got Dexter a bob-a-lot yesterday and so far he has shown absolutely no interested in it. Anyone else's dog have this problem? How do I get him to 'get it'?

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”