Work to eat toys

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
Maven
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Work to eat toys

Postby Maven » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:01 pm

I started with the Kong Genius and both dogs loved them but they didn't last
I have moved on to the "wobbler" and they are lasting for all three dogs. And Maven is crazy rough with hers. Fortunately for me no one in the house eats more than 1 1/2 cups of food a serving... I can see the issue if your dogs eat more. I can even put the fish oil and the COQ10 in their wobbler... They are happy as clams..

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Pibbles ATL wrote:I got Dexter a bob-a-lot yesterday and so far he has shown absolutely no interested in it. Anyone else's dog have this problem? How do I get him to 'get it'?

We got Capone the TugAJug. He was petrified of the noise and did not get it. Then I got the Dizzy ball. Same thing.
The soft toys he likes, but I have to watch him, because he will take it and try to rip off the neck.

You might try placing some really stinky treats inside like salmon for something to get him to want that stuff OUT OF THERE. But it could just not be his thing. With Capone I did have to 'show' him to kick it around a little, roll it etc. to get the food out.

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:15 am

For anyone that happens to be near Tehachapi CA, I/we will be set up at an event hosted by Canine Creek this weekend. My goal is to have fun and Susie Atherton that is the owner of Canine Creek "gets it". Please introduce yourself as a pit bull forum member. Yes I will have some prototypes of the new GoughNut with me. Two weeks tops and we will be in production. Thanks and I hope some of you will attend.

Amy

HollyJoy
Super Bully

Postby HollyJoy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:53 pm

Looking forward to the new product!

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:35 am

GoughNuts wrote:For anyone that happens to be near Tehachapi CA, I/we will be set up at an event hosted by Canine Creek this weekend. My goal is to have fun and Susie Atherton that is the owner of Canine Creek "gets it". Please introduce yourself as a pit bull forum member. Yes I will have some prototypes of the new GoughNut with me. Two weeks tops and we will be in production. Thanks and I hope some of you will attend.

Amy

Ugh, I read this too late. Susie gets my business every time I go up there and I saw your products before.My dogs like her "wash yourself area" .

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:05 am

Red wrote:
GoughNuts wrote:For anyone that happens to be near Tehachapi CA, I/we will be set up at an event hosted by Canine Creek this weekend. My goal is to have fun and Susie Atherton that is the owner of Canine Creek "gets it". Please introduce yourself as a pit bull forum member. Yes I will have some prototypes of the new GoughNut with me. Two weeks tops and we will be in production. Thanks and I hope some of you will attend.

Amy

Ugh, I read this too late. Susie gets my business every time I go up there and I saw your products before.My dogs like her "wash yourself area" .

Red,

Sure wish we could have met. I have read plenty of your posts and you sure have enlightened me on many topics. We will be there again for sure. That local barbeque is the best rub i have ever had. I asked them to describe it and they said, "yes," "yes" and of course it is a secret. Great land with great people and what else do you need.

Thanks for checking in. Susie saw the new product. Can't wait to show everyone. Within two weeks now.

Amy

ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Postby ewwies » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:40 pm

Swimming
Swim Beaches are Closed from Labor Day to Memorial Day. No Swimming is allowed when swim beaches are closed.
SWIMMING IS PROHIBITED, EXCEPT IN DESIGNATED AREAS, ONLY WHEN A LIFEGUARD IS ON DUTY. Beaches are open FOR SWIMMING on a seasonal basis only.
Always watch your children when they are in or near the water.
Report a lost child immediately to the lifeguard on duty.
Animals must be on leashes. No animals are allowed in the water or on the beach

http://www.castaiclake.com/rules_and_regs.html

ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Postby ewwies » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:48 pm

ok that was an accident post! lol!!

I meant to post Deno and his new wobbler.

MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby MissKitty » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:41 am

GoughNuts- When are we going to see the new toy? :)

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:15 pm

ewwies wrote:ok that was an accident post! lol!!

I meant to post Deno and his new wobbler.

I LOVE the wobbler for Obi! It keeps him occupied for ages! Poor old Buddy can't figure it out though :(

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:58 am

MissKitty wrote:GoughNuts- When are we going to see the new toy? :)

I just posted a picture of the new GoughNuts Cannoli on my GoughNuts Facebook page. If all goes well I will get the Cannoli on our web page tomorrow. I have very limited quantities of the Cannoli. The Cannoli is Guaranteed as all GoughNuts, however, like the ball it should not be used as a chew toy. Pure chewing still should be for original DoughNut design. The Cannoli is a work to eat product and can be easy to very difficult when used with the GoughNut Stick(s). The Sticks form a a puzzle/seal where you can create the difficulty that you want. This will all be explained on the web page very soon. The Cannoli was made in red giving clear indication that this is not a chew toy with an indicator inside. Yes the Cannoli is durable, floats, bounces, and is sized for large breed power dogs. This forum has been a great support system for GoughNuts. Please continue to support GoughNuts. The Cannoli is approximately one pound of natural rubber so please expect a price point that reflects this weight and skill of producing it.

If you do not have a GoughNuts Stick, I recommend the Black, versus Green, Stick for APBT to use with the Cannoli. The Cannoli and the Stick together become a much stronger product than one by itself.

We have lots of plans for this new design. That is the update. If the Cannoli is not on my web page tomorrow it will be on there soon so please check it out. Please post video to youtube as I love seeing the action. This Cannoli will arguably be the easiest work to eat product and the hardest (using two Sticks). Also, the Cannoli is designed for easy cleaning. The Cannoli and all GoughNuts can be placed in a freezer and the rubber remains pliable to -40 deg. F.

Can you tell I am excited about the Cannoli?

Have a great day and thanks again for your support!

Amy

PitbullLover*
Super Bully

Postby PitbullLover* » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:40 am

Pibbles ATL wrote:I got Dexter a bob-a-lot yesterday and so far he has shown absolutely no interested in it. Anyone else's dog have this problem? How do I get him to 'get it'?

My girl freckles didnt seem to ''get'' what she has to do with a work to eat toy either in the beginning so i started with a regular kong and put peanutbutter (which I won't do on the carpet again :wow ) on the outside and near the hole where the rest of the goodies are. Her face after awhile was like ''ohhhh this is what I have to do'' :aha:

I'm thinking of buying some more different shapes of kong for my girls, but with my german shepard all die in a matter of mins :twisted: strange enough, my amstaff/border collie freckles leaves everything alive and sleeps with the toys in her crate :inlove:

ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilovetyson » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:36 pm

Ok, I am bringing this post back up! lol we now have a 4.5 mo old puppy and do 2 of her 3 meals a day in a work to eat toy. We bought the tug a jug..and She LOVED It.. But... It busted. Lol As she liked to pick it up by the rope and drop it on the tile :) I have a OLD Giggle ball treat ball that no longer giggles. But, she throws it across the room so hard that when it hits the couch, door or anything.. food flys under it.. which in turn.. makes all the dogs obsessed with that area and knock things over. :-x Soooooo Looking for more ideas. She is smart.. And figures things out quick. We were considering the wobbler.. But it looks .. basic. LOL She is one that will find a way to pick up toys and carry them as well. And in the wobbler unless picked up the right way.. will give her a jackpot!

So, Since the last post on here was from 2011.. I am HOPING people have some good ideas on the more newer toys. :)

Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Mooresmajestic » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:35 pm

I was actually coming on here to dig this exact thread up, and there it was at the top!

Vi has, at some point over the last 6 years, used virtually every type of WTE and puzzle toy available (and some I made myself). Few have been durable enough to hold-up to moderate use, and even less have been able to offer her any real challenge. Vi is the dog that figured out that if you hold a Tug-a-jug by the bottom and just push the rope in with the floor over and over, all the food falls out really easy. The Kong Wobbler... well, if you pick it up with the hole facing the floor and shake it back and forth, all the food falls out. Those puzzle toys that the dog has to perform a series of manuvers to "unlock" the food... worthless after the first use. Once she figures out the pattern or sequence, she can whip through it in seconds (even the kind that you can change the sequence). Buster Cubes break too easily, and treat dispensing balls are impossible to clean properly. The toys you "stuff" with food (I.e. Kongs) are ok for chewing... if the dog doesn't learn that the food falls out easily when it's slammed down on the floor repeatedly. Only when the "stuffing" is a soft, semi-sticky consistency (I.e. peanut butter) does is provide any challenge at all.

Oh the joys of having a highly food-motivated dog (seriously though... Vi's entire life revolves around filling her belly with all of the foods) that is too smart for her own good.

I just picked up a Planet Dog orbee-tuff "Snoop" for Vi. It's seriously the best WTE toy I have ever bought! The Snoop is the first WTE toy I have gotten her that she wasn't able to out-smart in 30 seconds. She has pretty much every type of WTE/ puzzle toy available, and this one is by far the best one in her collection. Though she was able to figure out how the toy worked immediately, the design prevented her from "cheating" despite her efforts to do just that. It really seems to have the perfect balance of challenge and reward. I used her dinner (kibble) as the filler today. The toy would "give out" 2 or 3 pieces of kibble at a fairly frequent rate with what I would consider heavy use. The frequent reward combined with the very small reward size kept her motivation levels high and her frustruation levels low. Vi seemed to be very pleased with it.

The Snoop is made out of a rubber type material (it is an Orbee after all). Unless a dog is allowed to consistantly chew on it, it won't break or be able to be used to break other things. It's also super easy to clean since the toy is flexible enough to be turned in-side-out. I paid $16 for one at a local specialty pet store. It was worth every penny.

ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilovetyson » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:38 am

I googled the "Snoop" toy. How the heck does that work? LOL

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”