good dog beds

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
layla/zebo
Newborn Bully

Re: good dog beds

Postby layla/zebo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Image[/quote]
were did u get the kennel love it

chinchi_&_chupa
Super Bully

Postby chinchi_&_chupa » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:59 am

I use crib mattresses (for babies) and made slip covers with zippers so they can easily be washed. The good thing about them too, is that they are vinyl instead of material so no bugs (for outdoors) or liquids can penetrate the mattress itself which makes them easy to clean. For the outdoor cover I used a cotton duck fabric which is heavy, but still breathable which makes it easy to wash and dry, and it has lasted 2 years with no holes. The crib mattresses normally run $45-$65 and the fabric normally another $20-$25, so fo under $100 each we have doggie beds...although I'm not sure it could hold up to Sneaky roflmao

haircrazie016
Bully Ambassador

Postby haircrazie016 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:16 am

chinchi_&_chupa wrote:I use crib mattresses (for babies) and made slip covers with zippers so they can easily be washed. The good thing about them too, is that they are vinyl instead of material so no bugs (for outdoors) or liquids can penetrate the mattress itself which makes them easy to clean. For the outdoor cover I used a cotton duck fabric which is heavy, but still breathable which makes it easy to wash and dry, and it has lasted 2 years with no holes. The crib mattresses normally run $45-$65 and the fabric normally another $20-$25, so fo under $100 each we have doggie beds...although I'm not sure it could hold up to Sneaky roflmao

We use crib mattresses too! We love them! They are bigger then most dog begs, half the price (mattress alone), pee proof, and super easy to clean! We also bought baby matress pads and sheets for their beds, which we wash with our bedding once a week. They are the best dog beds ever! :D

chinchi_&_chupa
Super Bully

Postby chinchi_&_chupa » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:11 am

haircrazie016 wrote:
chinchi_&_chupa wrote:I use crib mattresses (for babies) and made slip covers with zippers so they can easily be washed. The good thing about them too, is that they are vinyl instead of material so no bugs (for outdoors) or liquids can penetrate the mattress itself which makes them easy to clean. For the outdoor cover I used a cotton duck fabric which is heavy, but still breathable which makes it easy to wash and dry, and it has lasted 2 years with no holes. The crib mattresses normally run $45-$65 and the fabric normally another $20-$25, so fo under $100 each we have doggie beds...although I'm not sure it could hold up to Sneaky roflmao

We use crib mattresses too! We love them! They are bigger then most dog begs, half the price (mattress alone), pee proof, and super easy to clean! We also bought baby matress pads and sheets for their beds, which we wash with our bedding once a week. They are the best dog beds ever! :D

:thumbsup: All our dogs love them!

ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilovetyson » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:22 pm

I have thought about investing in a Crib Matress. A ex of mine did that with his Dog, and I never thought about it before that. Lol

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:43 pm

I bought a Dream On Me 3" crib mattress after reading this and just wrapped an old mattress pad around it for now to see how it goes. Dogs love it! LOL It was around $25 on Amazon.

abbybaby2011
Adolescent Bully

Postby abbybaby2011 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:14 am

wow!!! my mom says i am weird for using crib matresses, I will have to show her that i am not the only one! this just made my day roflmao

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:16 pm

Had to get another crib mattress because one dog would just hang around waiting for the other to get off the only one I had. lol

tethys13
Newborn Bully

Postby tethys13 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:47 pm

I have been trying to find my pit a new bed. He has gone threw a few. Right now he has his crate and old carpeting. Basically a really light weight throw carpet in his crate. I am afraid of him chewing it. I have tried new bones, toys, and he still gets bored and wants the stuff he can really rip into.

I won't give him anything with stuffing I'm always afraid of him digesting it..

These new KONK beds are expensive but the photo of the beds on here may be the way to go. Thank goodness I saw this!

=0)

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Has anyone tried the WestPaw Eco Drop?

tethys13
Newborn Bully

Postby tethys13 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:04 am

If that is it it looks hilarious. :)

And yet comfy