Best couch/sofa material?

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
Jamie&Jessie
Newborn Bully

Best couch/sofa material?

Postby Jamie&Jessie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:53 pm

I'm thinking ahead a bit to when I'm ready to purchase a nice couch for the long term. Right now I just use a cheap futon as my couch and that works just fine for me and my girl.

Obviously leather is a good choice, but I've also read tight microfiber fabric is good. Anyone care to share what types of fabric you have for your couch?

Thank you!

sunnygirl01
Adolescent Bully

Re: Best couch/sofa material?

Postby sunnygirl01 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:40 pm

Leather all the way for us. You can sweep the hair off of it with just about anything (I use one of those little swiffer duster things) and you can clean it easily. I noticed my old fabric couch started to smell like dog. Yes, you can spray them with febreze or whatever but I just prefer KNOWING it is clean as opposed to just SMELLING clean! Lol!

Jamie&Jessie
Newborn Bully

Postby Jamie&Jessie » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:55 pm

That's a good point about the smell.

I guess I should also mention I'm not worried about her scratching/digging really, mostly just concerned with the hair and being able to clean it the best I can.

I feel like I won't find leather to be comfortable for me. Haha. Maybe I need to give it a chance!

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:11 pm

We have two crypton-like fabric sofas from Flexsteel, and they have been really easy to keep clean, despite being barfed on occasionally. We keep fleece blankets on them for an extra layer between them and the dog fur and what not, but anything that gets past them cleans up really well.

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”