Check these out

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
Red
Addicted to PBF

Check these out

Postby Red » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:59 pm

I saw them at the Eukanuba Nationals and boy if I'd like to get a couple of them.
The price was a killer though so no way I can afford them but they are certainly nice to have, if you like to have a decent looking house.Despite all the dogs.
Basically they are a "cover" up for the crates and they can be used as coffee tables, entertainment center base and so on.
I think I have a card from the company somewhere, if anyone is interested.The price starts from $399.00 and up to almost $600.00.
I am going to see if my husband can make me one.I doubt it thought!

The entertainment center:

cisom
Matured Bully

Postby cisom » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:51 pm

That's a good idea to dress up a wire pen. Norm Abrems of The New Yankee Workshop should build one of those on his show.

Big_Ant

Re: Check these out

Postby Big_Ant » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:02 pm

Red wrote:I am going to see if my husband can make me one.I doubt it thought!

You could easily do it. I know you are pretty crafty yourself.

Size a base about 4inches wider on each side of the crate.

Then size out the crate and build the "sides" and then make a top the same size as the bottom.

It's not hard. Now make me one!

I'm actually making one in 2 months when we get into the new house, I just need to wait til I decide where it's going to go so that i know which color to stain it.

- Anthony

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:40 pm

See, now I don't feel so bad. I was thinking I was the only one who used my crates as furniture. lol Of course, there's a small difference between those things and wire crates with a piece of plyboard on top being used as an end table. :oops:

Linariel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Linariel » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:02 pm

bahamutt99 wrote:See, now I don't feel so bad. I was thinking I was the only one who used my crates as furniture. lol Of course, there's a small difference between those things and wire crates with a piece of plyboard on top being used as an end table. :oops:

That's so great though. Sounds like something you'd find here.

Hoyden
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Hoyden » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:18 pm

We just moved Petey's crate into our bedroom, so I told my husband this was our next project and got THAT look.

He hates carpentry, but I love it. Since he won't share the garage so I can have some work bench space and tools, he has to deal with helping me with my brilliant ideas. roflmao

SFBullyGirl
Addicted to PBF

Postby SFBullyGirl » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:48 pm

those are pretty cool..I am not sure how much the dog would like being in the entertainment center..but the end tables are cool

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:08 pm

bahamutt99 wrote:See, now I don't feel so bad. I was thinking I was the only one who used my crates as furniture. lol Of course, there's a small difference between those things and wire crates with a piece of plyboard on top being used as an end table. :oops:

lol Image

the picture cuts off but atop the crate we have a plant, some books.. even once had a lap.. then I realized when the dogs are chasing and tucker ( my old man) decides he's had enough he'll slam into hiding in his crate and well.. there went the lap :oops:
hehehe

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:45 pm

Those are really nice. Too bad I can't afford one and am not crafty. What a great idea.

I've been looking at the material covers, just because it looks nice than the wire sitting in my dining room.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:52 pm

We have a crate on either side of our bed. I have Loki's wire crate with my alarm, a book, an empty glass on top. The hubby has a large fiberglass crate (that we moved Loki into when the weather got cold) with various assorted empty cans, cups, paper plates, movies, socks. I think the value of the crate as ghetto furniture has been greatly overlooked. lol

crazykel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby crazykel » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:33 pm

I LOVE it! My guy just got into woodworking and we had to move into a home with a 5 car garage for his shop...so guess what I'm asking for, for Xmas! Yeah baby...thanks for sharing this great idea! They really are beautiful!

We need more formal dining room furntature, so maybe I'll make him turn two crates into buffet table or something....don't think a unit with a TV or breakables would be a good idea though....our pups are just too rambunctious (sp?).
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:16 pm

My guy just got into woodworking and we had to move into a home with a 5 car garage for his shop...so guess what I'm asking for, for Xmas! Yeah baby...thanks for sharing this great idea! They really are beautiful!

You better give me instructions when you get yours built!!! :tongue:

dawnapbt
Addicted to PBF

Postby dawnapbt » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:19 pm

There actually is a WOOD crate out there that looks very similar, and while it is pricey, it's cheaper than that. It might be from In the Company of Dogs. I really can't remember, but I've seen it a couple of times in catalogs (since I get a million of them!) LOL.

I have the wicker one that works fairly nicely with the decor.

Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Postby Darlazmum » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:39 pm

Those are great! Wow, I'm very sad now, I am into kennel furniture!

As I sneak away to see if my husband could build me some of these!

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”