Go ahead - brag a little!

Discuss Agility, Disc Dog, Dock Diving, Fly Ball, Lure Coursing, Schutzhund, Tracking, Weight Pull, and other Dog Sports here!
Amie

Go ahead - brag a little!

Postby Amie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:36 am

Welcome to our new dog sports section!

We've got some ringers here - let's see who they are! List your dogs' titles in this thread!

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Re: Go ahead - brag a little!

Postby ProudMommy77 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:17 am

Mr.Toes, CH UWP, made the top 25 for UKC Weight Pull All Stars for 2009, not bad for a rescue dog shipped in from CO. Sky is CH UWP, who also made the top 25 for the UKC, now dabbling is sport work, Paver is a UWP dog who is now dabbling in Sport Work. And Dottie dog, we shall see, her first ADBA show is this weekend.

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:20 am

sorry, and Sky also has her WD Superior from the IWPA venue.

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:58 am

i have three dogs, but only one is involved in sports.

my 7-year-old boy doc trains in schutzhund, and so far, it seems that his strongest point is tracking.

he's got his BH and a TR 2.

someday hopefully we'll get our obedience act together and get that VPG 1!

doc was also the WPBTCA's National Novice Champion for 2009 . . . he racked up enough points in novice obedience, novice protection, novice weight pull, and tracking to qualify.

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am

Woo hoo!

My pit bulls have yet to achieve any sport titles, we've yet to be very competitive but that's the goal with the next dog in our ranks. Arnold has points towards his first agility title but they're getting stale and lonely after not training or competing for over a year. He does have his CGC and princess title... :tongue:

Amie

Postby Amie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:10 am

I would love to get Oscar some agility, rally and tracking titles, but haven't been able to take the necessary classes and participate in the trials. Maybe someday!

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:21 am

Yay!!!

We mostly do flyball but Hank and Levi have been having a blast at splash dogs lately.

Franny:
FD, FDX, FDCh, FDCh-S, FDCh-G, FM
TF, TF-I, TF-II, TF-III, TFE, TFE-I, TFE-II, TFE-III, TFP, TFP-I

Hank:
FD, FDX, FDCh, FDCh-S, FDCh-G, FM
TF, TF-I, TF-II, TF-III, TFE, TFE-I, TFE-II, TFE-III, TFP, TFP-I, TFP-II

I think Hank and Levi have some legs towards the beginning Splash Dogs titles as well but since we;re just out there having fun I really don't pay attention.

We travel all over California and are heading out to Vegas for the 2nd time in April.

Stormi
Addicted to PBF

Postby Stormi » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Jack Pinkerton is one of the few deaf dogs to achieve a U-CD (that I've found documented, anyway), and he also has his CGC (ok, not really "ring"), as well as once being registered thru TDI (who no longer accept deaf dogs into their program for some unknown reason). I'd love to get him back into competing in one form or another, especially into agility, although due to his arthritis I'd be looking at strictly tunnelers and touch & go courses, and have yet to find a decent agility facility in Seattle that doesn't opt for jerky force training. We're also going to begin training for rally here shortly at the facility that I coach thru.

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:39 pm

FransterDoo wrote:
I think Hank and Levi have some legs towards the beginning Splash Dogs titles as well but since we;re just out there having fun I really don't pay attention.

We travel all over California and are heading out to Vegas for the 2nd time in April.

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
Stormi wrote:(who no longer accept deaf dogs into their program for some unknown reason)
I had no idea?! :(

Charlie282
Newborn Bully

Postby Charlie282 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:17 pm

Congrats everyone, very impressive!

Charlie is still a pup, but I am hoping to get him involved in as much as possible in the upcoming years.

Stormi
Addicted to PBF

Postby Stormi » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Adrianne wrote:
Stormi wrote:(who no longer accept deaf dogs into their program for some unknown reason)
I had no idea?! :(

Sad, but true. Directly from their website: "TDI cannot register deaf dogs". I'm not sure exactly when they made that decision - I know I certainly made it extremely obvious that Jack was deaf when he went thru the testing back in 2007, and never saw that on their website then. Their loss, I guess. Delta Society has several registered wonderful deaf therapy dogs (and honestly, I think their program is far better) that provide a wide variety of services, including one gal I know who's deaf dalmatian helps children who have been thru traumatic experiances and are unable to open up to people.

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:21 pm

Elmo:

UACH UWPCH UCDX Yankeestaff Lickle Me Elmo UD MX MXJ OAC NJC NJ CGC TT
1st UKC WP titled SBT, 1st UWPCH on a SBT. Invited (and participated) to the 1st AKC Agility Invitational, in 2006. Halfway to a MACH title. Several years ranked in the First & Foremost for obedience, 1 UDX leg. 1 obedience HIT (at a terrier specialty), 1 UKC agility HIT. Not bad for a dog adopted from rescue at 4 yrs old, his 4th home.

Tully:

UACH UWPCH UCDX U-CH MACH DayDream London Calling CDX RAE OF AD PS2 CL3-R CL3-S CL3-H CGC TC TT
1 leg shy of her UACHX, hard to do since we can only do 1 UKC agility trial a year. Winner of a couple UKC agility HITs. 1st SBT SuperDog, #6 SuperDog overall (and apparently the youngest dog to finish the SuperDog, though I wasn't really paying attention and can't verify that. She was 2 yrs, 6 weeks old.) 10th SBT MACH, invited to the AKC Agility Invitational the last 3 years (2007-2009), winner of top SBT at the event this past year. (big ugly medallion!) Appears that she'll be #1 Rally SBT for 2009.

Tess:

UWP UAGII AKC/UKC CH Flyin DayDream Londons Burning AX AXJ NF AD CGC TT

9 legs on her MXJ, and well on the way to her MACH. 2 legs on her CD, which I hope she'll be willing to finish some day, as well as getting her UCD so she can be a SuperDog like her mama. ;) Winner of one MWPP award.

NorCalRose
Adolescent Bully

Postby NorCalRose » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:17 pm

Sarah wrote:Elmo:UACH UWPCH UCDX Yankeestaff Lickle Me Elmo UD MX MXJ OAC NJC NJ CGC TT
1st UKC WP titled SBT, 1st UWPCH on a SBT. Invited (and participated) to the 1st AKC Agility Invitational, in 2006. Halfway to a MACH title. Several years ranked in the First & Foremost for obedience, 1 UDX leg. 1 obedience HIT (at a terrier specialty), 1 UKC agility HIT. Not bad for a dog adopted from rescue at 4 yrs old, his 4th home.

O.K. I have to say that I am reading through these posts and thinking WOW! But this one gave me goose bumps.

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Martin is currently UKC ILP/AKC PAL 'NOLA's Rider of the Storm, CGC' but he has one leg toward his AKC RN and COULD possibly finish it this week end, provided he doesn't NQ in either trial. If not this week end, we have trials on each of the following 3 weeks, including the big Terrier shindig at Cal Expo. Might possibly do Modesto for a UKC leg, but am wondering when we could possibly finish as there are NO UKC performance events around here!

Not too shabby for a sceered little dog rescued from an attic in the lower 9th ward after Hurricane Katrina. I am very proud of him being brave enough to trial at all, though I doubt he will ever be able to work indepently enough to succeed in more formal Obedience.

Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:24 pm

Congrats to all dogs. It's great to see so many in working homes... even better to see rescue dogs in working homes. Keep it up everyone. Someday, I shall have something to post in this thread other than my congrats. :)

Return to “Dog Sports”