Perfect weekend in agility

Discuss Agility, Disc Dog, Dock Diving, Fly Ball, Lure Coursing, Schutzhund, Tracking, Weight Pull, and other Dog Sports here!
Leslie H

Perfect weekend in agility

Postby Leslie H » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:38 pm

It was our 3rd weekend in CPE agility. We qualified in 3 out of 5 runs our first weekend, 6 out of 8 last weekend, and 8 out of 8 this weekend. I almost blew our last and easiest run, I'm sure my body language was all over the place. Fortunately, it was Fullhouse, so the bar (or bars) down, the missed jump, and the run under tire didn't count as anything against our score, and speed demon Soleil was fast enough to rack up plenty of points. We got a really big, beautiful ribbon.
Soleil finished all her level 1 classes, and moved to level 3 in a couple areas. Her contacts were good all weekend, though she pushed it on the teeter (also known as the launch pad by Soleil). She needed to re-enter the weaves both times we did them, but then did the set of 6 fine. So, we did well on the things I was worried about, but then ran around a jump at the start line (totally my fault, I set her up too far back, and on a lousy angle), and ran under the tire twice (old habit which I haven't seen in a long time, but I was probably miscueing and not supporting it enough). All in all, it was a great and fun weekend. I don't expect we'll Q in everything ever again, because now the classes will be tougher, but it's been fun getting there.

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Re: Perfect weekend in agility

Postby mommy2kane » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:54 pm

Wow, great to hear! She's doing great! Keep it up!

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Great job! :thumbsup: You're skipping level 2?

TB
Adolescent Bully

Postby TB » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:09 am

Good job Soleil and Leslie! Qualifying in all your runs is a great feeling(and rare! lol )

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Sarah wrote:Great job! :thumbsup: You're skipping level 2?

No way would I skip level 2. Except for Standard, you only need to qualify once at level one to move up to level 2. At level two, you need to Q 4 times in standard (she's q'd twice), and twice each in the games, so she's met the requirements for levl 2 in Fullhouse and Colors.
As to q'ing all weekend, I don't expect it to happen again, so I'm trying to savor the experience. I actually got home last night, and e-mailed the club secretary, because they had offered a run or 2 on Friday, which I hadn't entered, so I was afraid I'd have to return my ribbon. She told me they just counted Sat and Sun.

ellie@ny
Matured Bully

Postby ellie@ny » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:42 pm

Big congrats Leslie!! :nana:

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:00 pm

That is AWESOME! I can't wait (well, I can because it means one of my dogs will be passed) to be able to try Agility!

Return to “Dog Sports”