Butch's first swimming attempt

Discuss Agility, Disc Dog, Dock Diving, Fly Ball, Lure Coursing, Schutzhund, Tracking, Weight Pull, and other Dog Sports here!
bully_mommy
Adolescent Bully

Butch's first swimming attempt

Postby bully_mommy » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:06 pm

So now that Butch's ears are healed 100% we have gotten him to swim for the first time in our pond!!!

Before

One angle of Butch swimming

Opposite angle

After the swim rolling around in the grass

After again

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Re: Butch's first swimming attempt

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:34 pm

Butch looks awesome. :inlove:
Make sure you check that pond for gators!! :eek:

bully_mommy
Adolescent Bully

Postby bully_mommy » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:48 pm

@Ilovethepits

That pond has no gators. It is actually located conveniently on my property. It is doggy friendly. I actually plan on making it to where I can host meets at my home. That pond and my property work out great. Now if DH can get my fence back up. He says late September...Grrr!!

And thanks for the compliment about Butch. He has turned out to be exactly what this family needs.

Alyssa
Super Bully

Postby Alyssa » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:04 pm

Well, gators *do* climb fences and have a frequent habit of ending up in "gator free" areas ... but I assume being that you actually live in 'gator territory, you know that better than anyone.

GORGEOUS pup! Looks like he had fun!

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:07 pm

He is turning into a handsome one, I love that face too. He almost looks like he is hating it, but loving it at the same time. lol

bully_mommy
Adolescent Bully

Postby bully_mommy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:33 am

@Alyssa

I definitely know a thing or two about these crazy gators....LOL. My dad lives in Ocala, FL. and just took one off of the property. Being in part of the Ocala national forest we can't help that. We just have to be careful for the humans and dogs as well.

Where I live in Loxahathchee I am definitely in the middle of the everglades in the swamp sorta say. My neighbor two doors down has a 7 foot gator in his pond. He got it when he was using fill that wasnt clean. It was a baby hiding in the fill and managed to make it to his pond and has been there since.

The canals along side of the houses out here you will usually see a couple little ones that are basking.

bully_mommy
Adolescent Bully

Postby bully_mommy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:36 am

@celesteandthebullies

Thanks for the compliment!!!

He actually attempted to swim in our pond three times before that time. But all in all he loved it. It is my goal to get him swimming in the pond everyday if weather permits. And its not winter..LOL!!!

doglove
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby doglove » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:40 pm

I'm not flaming, this is a serious question - How do you know for sure if there are no gators in your pond? Is there way to look for them and find them? I've found several places in Florida that I would like to visit with freshwater ponds and lakes but I'm nervous about them. I've never seen a 'wild' one and I hope I never do!

Return to “Dog Sports”