Weight pull

Discuss Agility, Disc Dog, Dock Diving, Fly Ball, Lure Coursing, Schutzhund, Tracking, Weight Pull, and other Dog Sports here!
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Weight pull

Postby Mooresmajestic » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Shoulder x-rays really dont show anything. And yes, have the Dr. check patellas also. Have the Dr. take a good listen to the heart before any type of strenuous training... that's all I can think of right now.

Oh! Get your dog used to a dremmel... you'll see why when you go to a pull, but let's just say super sharp talon hooks= better traction... Not something you need to do right away, but will be usefull later on as the dog gets better and the weight higher.

riley_23
Adolescent Bully

Postby riley_23 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:32 pm

Getting her used to a dremmel is gonna be a tough one we have problems getting her nails trimmed! Were working on it though and i'ts getting better.
Miranda

DarkMoon
Super Bully

Postby DarkMoon » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:34 pm

Mooresmajestic wrote:Oh! Get your dog used to a dremmel... you'll see why when you go to a pull, but let's just say super sharp talon hooks= better traction... Not something you need to do right away, but will be usefull later on as the dog gets better and the weight higher.

Hmmmm... Your telling me all your tricks! Maybe Nubs will give Vi a run for her money... roflmao yeah, I can't even say that with a straight face!

And I was going by what Google Maps gave for time estimation. If you drive like your a racecar diver, or like most people on I-69/I-94 do, you'll be there in record time...

ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby ShadowWolf » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:28 pm

Yeah, I'm on the east side. I do head out there for WP. Is your dog registered or will you need to do an LP? If you're registered UKC you can do ADBA/AADR too. There's also APA and IWPA as well. :)

riley_23
Adolescent Bully

Postby riley_23 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:47 pm

I plan to do a LP just need a better set of pictures and a printer to print off the application. She also needs to have good Xrays as well. I hope we can pull the money together soon to get them done. Thanks for adding the different associations I wasn't sure who all was in Michigan.
Miranda

Return to “Dog Sports”