BH pattern and Flirt Pole

Discuss Agility, Disc Dog, Dock Diving, Fly Ball, Lure Coursing, Schutzhund, Tracking, Weight Pull, and other Dog Sports here!
MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

BH pattern and Flirt Pole

Postby MissKitty » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:09 am

BH pattern (minis the fast paced part :oops: )

Flirt Pole working on impulse control, I am working on us being able to heel and have the flirt pole being swung around our heads, staying down and not touching the toy even if it goes around his head/in his mouth and offering an out.

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Re: BH pattern and Flirt Pole

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:20 am

Nice! I've been working on Dakota's heel with the flirt pole out and before eating, he gets sooo excited it cracks me up but he gets to far ahead when he's excited so we've been working on it. This makes me want to go make a video. lol

Apollo is doing great, love his harness by the way!

Kahne131
Matured Bully

Postby Kahne131 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:34 pm

Great job!

Any advice on getting a dog to calm dog around the filrt pole? Kahne goes nuts over it and I cant get him to calm down about it. :oops:

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Kahne131 wrote:Great job!

Any advice on getting a dog to calm dog around the filrt pole? Kahne goes nuts over it and I cant get him to calm down about it. :oops:

Teach him that controlling himself will get him his reward. First start out with having him just sit and then using a marker like "yes" and letting him chase it. repeat this for a long time, and say "yes" the moment he sits. When he gets really good at it, start to add a bit of time to the sit. Move up slowly, then eventually you can add other commands in. Have him do "doggy push-ups" before playing. (sit, down, sit) No corrections involved.

MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby MissKitty » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:02 pm

Celesteandthebullies wrote:

Teach him that controlling himself will get him his reward. First start out with having him just sit and then using a marker like "yes" and letting him chase it. repeat this for a long time, and say "yes" the moment he sits. When he gets really good at it, start to add a bit of time to the sit. Move up slowly, then eventually you can add other commands in. Have him do "doggy push-ups" before playing. (sit, down, sit) No corrections involved.

^This.

Apollo used to loose his mind when he saw the flirt pole. I started out very small, asking for something simple like a sit and the second his butt hit the floor, reward. Then you build up duration and difficulty. It is all jut impulse control. Start small, make it positive and leave out corrections and you will be well on your way!

lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby lilangel » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:18 am

fun videos and nice work :thumbsup:

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:59 pm

Great job!! (makes mental note to add flirt pole to the distraction que)

MkatUmich
Newborn Bully

Postby MkatUmich » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:13 am

Celesteandthebullies wrote:

I'm going to have to try this. Gauge goes nuts when he sees the flirt pole, usually ends up just jumping on me and if he ever gets ahold of it he isn't letting go.

Return to “Dog Sports”