Conformation Training Video

Discuss Agility, Disc Dog, Dock Diving, Fly Ball, Lure Coursing, Schutzhund, Tracking, Weight Pull, and other Dog Sports here!
PaigeJ
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Conformation Training Video

Postby PaigeJ » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:02 am

Hi PBF!

Yesterday I made a video for help those who are new to Conformation. For anyone who shows UKC or AKC this video is just the basics of showing in the ring. I'm no professional but when I first started some of you on here helped me with videos and pictures and I was so grateful. I hope this can help someone!

Adrianne

Re: Conformation Training Video

Postby Adrianne » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:48 am

Adorable dogs and a helpful video, thanks!!

Bethb2007
Newborn Bully

Postby Bethb2007 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Very nice. You did a great job!

ellie@ny
Matured Bully

Postby ellie@ny » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:09 pm

Cute video!
Some good advice for beginners, always start to stack with the front leg visible to the judge then the other front leg, then rear leg visible to the judge and the other one. Never pick up a dog rear and drop them, same goes to the front as well.
I usually hold the collar up when stack them, never drop the leash.
Because then it takes time away while collecting it back in your hand from representing the dog to the judge; and some of them are fast! lol
Also always have food in your right hand, not in the left where you hold the leash, so when you go back to standing position from a movement,you can controll the dog where to stop,and they won't be taking extra steps.
When you don't have a pocket,use your mouth as a food keeper...that can be interesting when you use beef liver etc yumm to the dogs! :wow But it comes handy when you need the food. ;) (String cheese IS your friend!!) lol

Return to “Dog Sports”