That time of year again; Goals for 2012

Discuss Agility, Disc Dog, Dock Diving, Fly Ball, Lure Coursing, Schutzhund, Tracking, Weight Pull, and other Dog Sports here!
Leslie H

That time of year again; Goals for 2012

Postby Leslie H » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:49 pm

I'm working on the premise that the world will not end, so I've got goals.
Scheme. I'm not even sure that she'll have the impulse control she'll need to pass the CGC next year, it might be a 2013 goal.
Weight pull, I'd like her to be ready for competition by the summer. I'm not anticipating any issues, though she hasn't had any track time yet, so maybe she'll have a pack of issues, who knows.
Agility, sigh, it's hard to tell. We're in such beginning stages, but we have done a fair amount of foundation. I don't think she'll be ready to compete next year, but I'd like her to have solid contacts and 12 weaves. Maybe I'm being wildly overambitious/unrealistic.

Soleil; I'd like her to earn her CATCH in CPE. She's not that far off, except for needing 5 level 5 snooker legs (my greed keeps costing us), she's level C in Jumpers, Fullhouse, and oddly, Jackpot, and has a fair amount of level 5 Q's in everything else.
USDAA, get the last PII standard leg we need, 2 more PII Gamblers, and maybe, one stinking PII pair leg to finish PDII title. I'd also like to complete the requirements for her P-ACH in Snooker (she needs 3 more legs, incl. 1 more Super Q), Jumpers, and Tournament. I think the 5 PIII standard, Gamblers and the dreaded Pairs Q's will be a long time coming.

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Re: That time of year again; Goals for 2012

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:34 pm

With Dakota I'm hoping to get his BA from class, and if I can find enough local CAT tests his CA(Coursing Ability). I want to pursue agility but I'll have to wait until someone more educated comes around to work with. A good friend of mine said someone shall be moving into the area pretty soon. *fingers crossed*
It shall be our first year for dock jumping competitions as well. We'll continue doing weight pulling but I haven't seen anything up in our area really so it'll probably just be for fitness. And hopefully some rally and obedience but I haven't really put much into that.

And with Alice, hopefully we'll make more progress with her dog reactivity, events would definitely be too much for her right now. I'm hoping to introduce her to weight pulling, but nothing heavy since she doesn't have x-rays right now. And my biggest goal, help her get over her fear of water. lol
Maybe take some classes just to get more positive experiences around other dogs in different areas.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:59 pm

5 pts left on UWPCH for Terra. That's the only thing I feel I "must" have. I would like to go to Gateway Nationals in October just to say I've been. But I don't have any particular goals in mind. I really should take a year off shows to build up a savings. :-\ ETA: Oh. Been trying to get UKC to approve me as a weight pull judge so we can have at least one in Texas. No go so far, but I'll keep working at it. Double :-\

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:53 pm

one more leg needed for Paige's Rally Advanced title, then start/work on getting her Rally Excelllent title .
get a new dog to start out all over again.

kornygerm
Matured Bully

Postby kornygerm » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:37 pm

try to get one of my dogs into obidience training if i have the bucks for it.

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:37 am

I'd like to finish Tess' MACH; been acting like I have all the time in the world, but I'm starting to feel like I want it out of the way. Would love to take her to World Team Tryouts again, but I don't think we'll qualify.

With Pirate, I'd just like to come together as a team. It'll probably be a couple years before I can expect for us to really be in sync, but right now, we don't communicate as well as I'd like. I need to learn to run a powerful, long striding dog, and he needs to learn that my cues should override all that exciting equipment he can see. lol

I don't really have any goals in any other sports. We'll do some more coursing because Tess loves it, and Pi will continue to show in conformation. I need to get going with his obedience too. But I don't really have any firm goals in those sports, what happens, happens.

heartbullies

Postby heartbullies » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:40 am

We will probably take another Rally or fun OB class. I would like him to have a CD but eh.

We will try for the NW2. It seems like a daunting goal. There is a trial in April. If we don't make it then whatever, he has fun and it is a good learning experience! You can tell we are a competitive force to be reckoned with .... hah

I'd like to do more Therapy visits but must make sure I feel ok, not too stressed out or burned out by sadness in other arenas. It is very hard sometimes for me to leave places, to leave people behind when I see how much joy they get from a simple visit. :(

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk

MMSmith
Adolescent Bully

Postby MMSmith » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:54 am

Henry is not really a sport dog lol. That being said, since he has his CGC and has done some prelim therapy work, I would like to get him certified. He is AMAZING with the elderly. Truly warms my heart.

I also have another big goal for 2012; to convince my husband I need a puppy! Henry is five and I don't want to stress him with a new puppy when he's a geezer. A great friend of mine is a Bull Terrier man, and being around his two dogs for the last four years has been a blast. His female is still on a breeding contract and her breeder thinks she finally has a stud that would be a good match. The stud is doing well on the confirmation circuit and all his health tests are perfect.

Long story short, when I was still in college I was always helping Luke with his dogs. I dog-sat, walked, and let them out frequently. I never asked for money and loved hanging out with the dogs. Both have great play drive and were so much fun. He's always said that when Lucy has a litter he wants me to have a pup. Since her breeder wants the pick male, I could have my pick of the females. Squee! Now I just have to convince my hubs.

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:17 pm

I need to take a look at the goals thread from last year!

Martin- One more leg toward his CD, so finish that! We just finished his Rally Advanced title, so Rally Excellent is our goal for this year. Then, we are kind of at a wall, I need to teach him a retrieve before we can go further. I wouldn't mind putting a PHD on him, but I'd have to find an evaluator around here. I would like to finish his UKC URO1, and whatever the UKC equivalent of the CD is, but there are never any shows around here.

Nikki- CGC, impulse control and foundation for Agility.

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:21 pm

Here's last year's thread:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=143941&start=30&hilit=Goals+2011

Which I guess I missed!

We're debuting our teammate's dog, Coco, in March. So for her I want to work hard on her last few training obstacles and have a successful singles race in March and April. Plus get her comfortable with passing and team racing throughout the summer.

For Hankie Bear, I'd like him to continue to grow as a truffle finder. In flyball, I just want to keep him healthy and maybe a new PB in singles with his buddy Dan.

Frances - just keep on bein' awesome. Seriouslly, she'll be 9 in September and I want my girl racing and healthy as long as she can.

I hope Pete and Leslie can debut in agility sometime this year. He's doing amazing in classes.

For Levi, I'd love to get his confidence up more. and to see him hitting 17 feet consistently. He's also going to take a group class and I want him to have a positive, fun time.

and the youngster? My big, crazy goal there is flyball debut at one of our favorite venues in late June/early July. He's on his way so hopefully we have a drier winter/spring.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:06 pm

Thanks for posting this, now I feel kind of accomplished.
Last year's goals;
Xanny, just hang out and be a sofa dog and buddy.

Soleil, Qualify in some mid level agility classes; finish level 3 and make a dent in level 4 in CPE, Q in P2 in USDAA, maybe chance some open classes in NADAC. Perhaps get the last AG2 leg in UKC. Even more perhaps, get her Ace title in ADBA (she only needs 11 points).

Scheme, puppy obedience, later some intro to agility, and beginning weight pull training

We did everything except the NADAC (but I didn't enter any more NADAC), and Soleil needs 3 more points for her Ace in ADBA. I'm not sure either of those things will occur, they're not too important anymore.

I like reading everyone else's goals. It reminds me of the wide range of activities that our dogs (and their people) find joy in. Helps put things in perspective, too.

ellie@ny
Matured Bully

Postby ellie@ny » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:11 am

To become a better handler for my dogs, and not to embarass them on the Agility floor... lol

Nothing specific, whatever comes, comes,whatever doesn't, doesn't. Not in a hurry, want to enjoy the time with my dogs.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:00 pm

ellie@ny wrote:To become a better handler for my dogs, and not to embarass them on the Agility floor... lol

roflmao
My dog knows the feeling

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks for digging up last year's thread! I'm comforted to know that I met all of my goals except for the UWPCH on Terra. Superman got housebroken. He also got two comp wins towards his UKC CH. Terra is UKC/ADBA CH. Loki is UCDX Loki, and Terra is URO1 Terra.

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Dakota-
Enter more dock jumping competitions, get comfortable jumping in pools. (he hasn't even seen one yet, so I have no idea how he will react. But I think he will be fine)
Become more active in lure coursing.
Get up to half his body weight in weight pulling.
Take obedience classes, and look into schutzhund now that he is becoming more confident.
Take agility classes.

I honestly didn't even remember these goals, looks like I accomplished them anyway. lol

Return to “Dog Sports”