Riddle's TTA recovery thread

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Riddle's TTA recovery thread

Postby Savage Destiny » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:12 am

More updates! A week's worth. :)

Saw the Chiro again on Monday, and that went well. The chiro said that Riddle held about 80% of her adjustment, so that's good! we go back in a month for another recheck.

Physical therapy Tuesday and Thursday were amazing. Riddle is now jogging 4 minutes out of 20 in the underwater treadmill (split up), and her regular walks have been upped to 20 minutes twice a day! We're also doing an exercise where I pick up both her right legs so she has to balance on the two left, 3 seconds and 10 repetitions. She's doing great with those!

Her physical therapist said this morning that she thinks it's very possible Riddle could be doing some low impact agility stuff by 12 weeks post surgery.

I AM SO HAPPY!
Savage Destiny
Bully Ambassador

Postby Savage Destiny » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Another forum was demanding pics, so I'll share here too. lol.

Riddle says "WHY U TAKE PICSHURS? FEED ME MOAR!"

She's pretty sure having her picture taken is abuse, lol.

I did NOT Photoshop these ridiculous cartoon sad eyes!

Why you still taking pictures?

I am not looking at you anymore!

He put his butt by my face!
Savage Destiny
Bully Ambassador

Postby patty » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:28 pm

Riddle is doing fantastic!!!
patty
Forum Junky

Postby Savage Destiny » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:03 am

Well, Riddle's knee is doing great. We've got another complication in the form of her left elbow, however. She's got some arthritis in that elbow already, since (of course, it's Riddle) the bones never grew properly. We were treating that with laser therapy and underwater treadmill work before she tore her ACL, and it was doing great. We haven't had any flareups over the last few months since she's on bed rest, but on her morning walk yesterday she was limping on the left front. I asked the PT about it during our session today and she agreed that she is definitely favoring that leg. :(

We're basically playing a waiting game right now. We're not sure if the elbow pain is from compensating for the surgery on the rear leg, or simply from increased exercise. Only time will tell I suppose. :(
Savage Destiny
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Riddle is very lucky to have you! I hope her elbow improves now.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Savage Destiny » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Riddle got to SWIM today!

Only for 10 minutes. But she was sooooo excited! She paddled around like the happiest little thing ever, it really made her day. The swim replaced her evening 20 minute walk.

She did her standard post-swim roll in the car:

And then soaked up some sun.

The only downside to this is that she was CRAZED when we got home, and wanted to do zoomies all over the house for about a half hour. lol. It was hard to keep her quiet!
Savage Destiny
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shearaha1 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Oh my that picture is priceless!
Shearaha1
Newborn Bully

Postby Savage Destiny » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:45 am

Riddle had her 8 week x-ray yesterday! Unfortunately, she's not *quite* fully healed, so she can't be a free dog yet. She can have lots more exercise though! Now we're supposed to be doing 40 minute walks twice a day with lots of jogging, or 20 minute walks with 20-30 minutes of swimming. Finding 80 extra minutes in my day is a challenge! I got up reeeeally early this morning and took Riddle and Melon out to my mom's 11-acre property about 20 minutes away for the morning walk, which I'll probably be doing every day now that's not a swimming day. The surgeon wants her on a long line, so she can move more freely and do more back and forth. That's really hard in our neighborhood with cars and such, and with Riddle not really dog friendly I don't feel a long line is safe in town. So we'll probably be going to my mom's property twice a day. Who needs sleep, right??

I think I'm going to pick her up a Flexi lead today though. I'd never have her on one in public, but she got tangled in her long line this morning and knocked herself over pretty hard. So I think for on the property it'll be a better bet than the long line, I do not want her messing anything up!
Savage Destiny
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:18 am

Your dogs are blessed to have such a dedicated person!! I am glad that Riddle's recovery continues. She looks cute as heck doing her post swimming dry off!! lol
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Savage Destiny » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:58 pm

RIDDLE IS A FREE DOG!

I haven't been posting because there hasn't been anything to update until today. :) Today was Riddle's 12-week x-ray, and as expected she was released to normal activity! WOO HOO! She'll still be sore after exercise for a while- last time, she didn't completely stop limping for around 6 months. But there's nothing really she can bust, since she already tore the meniscus, so she was cleared for going as nuts as she wants. Of course I'll be limiting her so she doesn't overdo her unused muscles, but other than that she can run, jump, play... whatever. We are so happy!

I took her swimming, because swimming is her favorite thing ever, and she went all terrier crazy on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2OHPmr1 ... e=youtu.be
Savage Destiny
Bully Ambassador

Postby Odnarb » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Yay! That has to be a relief!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Odnarb
Regulator

Previous

Return to Health Issues