interesting article on the effects of spay/neuter

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

interesting article on the effects of spay/neuter

Postby turtle » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:56 pm

Here is a good article about the long term effects of spay and neuter on dogs.

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/he ... 1590040831

They are learning a lot more about this, but so many push for early age spay/neuter. Thought it was worth posting. A bitch in heat is a pain though!

Bullseye

Re: interesting article on the effects of spay/neuter

Postby Bullseye » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:01 am

Quite an informative & open thinking article, certainly food for thought, I will very rarely have a dog "fixed", unless it is a situation whereby it could be a life saver, because you know the old saying "If it's not broke why fix it!" I have had people ask me questions about the spay/neuter in terms of responsibility, but you have to ask the question, if you are so irresponsible that your dog has to have parts removed, then maybe you shouldn't have a dog ;)

I understand that a lot of people in this world don't have time to keep an eye on a bitch in heat & an intact male, so will see de-sexing as a quick fix, but I have to say, this is where their dog ownership should be questioned, as for the shelters using as alternative, it is unlikely as they would see it as more expensive & more complicated...

Anyway here is Bullseye a few weeks ago, un-neutered & will be 10 years old in August!

Pulling my three nieces along plus some blocks

Return to “Health Issues”