Peeing: How often is too often?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Gunnar
Newborn Bully

Peeing: How often is too often?

Postby Gunnar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:36 pm

Hey guys!

So I got my little fella, Gunnar, about three weeks ago. He's almost 4 months old now, but since I've gotten him, he seems to be having a worse and worse time with potty training. I was taking him out every 3-4 hours and he wasn't having a problem, but within this past week, he goes every two hours. Sometimes even more, like today he had an accident after 20 minutes, then again after 30 minutes. So I guess my question is, is this normal for a pup his age? He doesn't seem to be in pain and doesn't struggle when peeing...I'm just running out of cleaning supplies! What could it be?

Bullseye

Re: Peeing: How often is too often?

Postby Bullseye » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:11 am

Still just being a pup... What is your feeding regime?

Gunnar
Newborn Bully

Postby Gunnar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:19 pm

Four times a day, morning, afternoon, late afternoon, evening. He gets about 2 cups a day of Purina Pro Plan. I'm glad to hear its normal though, its been a long time since I've had a puppy this little :) anybody have any tips for getting him house trained more efficiently? I was thinking about bell training him...does anyone have experience with that?

Bullseye

Postby Bullseye » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:22 pm

Ok, well you only need to be feeding him twice a day and get him out for a walk as soon as he's finished his meal, that's how I do it when I have pups..... they soon get the idea :)

Hope this helps.

~John~

patty

Postby patty » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:52 am

:hi

Have you taken Gunnar to see the vet? He may have a UTI which does cause frequent urination. Since you mentioned he is getting worse and worse this could be the problem.

Make sure after he eats and drinks to take him outside. If he does urinate, praise him and give him treats. Puppies catch on very quickly to a routine.

Are you crate training him?

Also use the search function and search for previous posts, there are several. Perhaps some ideas will help Gunnar.

Keep us posted.

Gunnar
Newborn Bully

Postby Gunnar » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:19 am

He's been to the vet once, but is going again for the rest of his shots. He's crate trained, he loved it from the very first day and hardly required any extra work for it at all :) I'll mention it to the vet when we go again, fingers crossed that its just a puppy thing!

Thanks for all the advise guys!!

Bullseye

Postby Bullseye » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:42 am

No problem, let us know how you get on...

Return to “Health Issues”