Dealing with sialocele on very limited budget

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
adoptanapbt
Super Bully

Dealing with sialocele on very limited budget

Postby adoptanapbt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:27 pm

Like most of you, I have been busy with life and haven't posted in forever. Long story short, my mother passed away and now I have 0 contacts left in the veterinary world and very few in the rescue world. Now I have a house full of animals (3 dogs and 4 cats, 5 of them over 10 yrs old) that I somehow assumed I would have a free pass on cheap veterinary care for the foreseeable future. And the many home improvement projects that stemmed from having to replace my floors are maxing out any extra money I had. Taking out any more credit is not a realistic option to fund vet care.

So enough about my past 3 years :crybaby:. Parker is still kicking. She is estimated at least 13 years old and her latest health problem is a saliocele, probably related to the very painful mouth she had 8-10wks ago that resolved after a long course of antibiotics. I know salioceles are effectively treated surgically and Parker's bloodwork has been consistently not too bad for an ancient dog so she could theoretically handle anesthesia, but I just wanted to vent and see if anyone has experience with salioceles/mucoceles. Hopefully non-surgical treatment even if just to buy time to raise money for surgery.

adoptanapbt
Super Bully

Re: Dealing with sialocele on very limited budget

Postby adoptanapbt » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:10 pm

Well, whatever it is it's not a sialocele. All the swelling in her face & chest is edema which points more toward renal failure. Blood work will tell more.

Return to “Health Issues”