Dog Training Secrets of the Military and Police Iraq Veteran

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
patty

Postby patty » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:00 pm

The men and women in our military and their canine companions are AWESOME !!!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/driven/dog-training-secrets-military-police-iraq-veteran-amazing-133557552.html

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Re: Dog Training Secrets of the Military and Police Iraq Vet

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:07 pm

*grumble* I liked it.. then it got to training.

Stormi
Addicted to PBF

Postby Stormi » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:22 am

Oh yay. More people with zero education in animal behavior claiming to be professionals and suggesting to owners to slap an electrical collar on their dog to cure everything. Right. Amazing. Zap...

MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby MissKitty » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:25 am

Yeah, too bad he is putting extreme stress on the dogs in order to make that $250,000.

The stress signals this poor dog is giving off, licking the lips, tail down with a slow wag, ears pinned back, stress panting.....all so you can teach a simple command?

Putting an e-colllar on a 5 month old puppy to teach commands?

The people who should be celebrated are military men and women such as Red's husband, who helps dogs in need without asking for anything in return. Not those who make big bucks out of zapping dogs.

lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby lilangel » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:50 am

That's horrible and sad and criminal. When I see video like that and then look at my own dogs I am completely baffled and confused as to how it is acceptable or necessary to treat an animal in such a way in the name of "training". All we can hope for is that a national standard is established ASAP making it illegal for anyone without legitimate credentials and professional affiliations to train animals. Surely Military and LE will be exempt, which would make no sense, but government is what it is.

Those videos disgust me. And yes, my 5 moth old puppies are far better trained than either of those dogs and are happy to do it.

Shameful.

suzanne
Adolescent Bully

Postby suzanne » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:31 pm

I really have nothing against using an e-collar properly. I haven't watched those videos yet, when I went to their website they have a long winded explanation of using an e-collar. The thing that baffles me is that the average dog owner does not need a dog with a 100% recall, 100% stay, 100% heel etc. In the explanation they even say that even though you will be able to train a "perfect recall" if you want to let your dog loose somewhere they should wear the collar "just in case". Again, I'm not opposed to e-collars in certain situations, but the average person does not need one on their dog. Not to mention it's really easy for your dog to learn the difference between wearing the collar and not wearing the collar. So you have a well behaved dog when the device is on, and a misbehaved dog when the device is off. Don't get me wrong, the average person needs a dog who generally listens, but they don't need a dog that's like a working k9.

Okay, just watched the videos posted :wow how sad do those dogs look. Man.

Return to “Training and Behavior”