What people pay money for

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
Red
Addicted to PBF

What people pay money for

Postby Red » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:21 am

These are animal abusers, "trainer" and owners. The amount of corrections these dogs are getting while they are trying to escape fireworks in fear is beyond disgusting. The dogs body language even before the fireworks start speak volume by itself.It is an example of the "trainers" people pay money for. Please do your homework before hiring this kind of people.

Curly_07

Re: What people pay money for

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:13 am

I can't express how happy I am that you're back!!! :) You and your straight to the point, no holding back self has been missed woman! Oh! Good post too! Especially with all the recent trainer/behaviorist requesting threads recently...

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:48 am

Yeah I'm sure those dogs feel very safe and calm around fireworks after that "training". :po:

Breezy833
Newborn Bully

Postby Breezy833 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:43 am

:wow omg! well if your dog wasnt previously scared of fireworks im sure he is now. :po:

Semper Bull
Matured Bully

Postby Semper Bull » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:30 am

:teary: And here I thought that taking the newest pack member into the front yard on leash while my neighbors were setting off fireworks during the Fourth and feeding him treats was a good way to teach him that fireworks are okay. I never knew that setting fireworks off right by the dog and attempting to make them stay still was the best way to desensitize.

Semper who is not generally phased by much would not like being made to be in a perfect down stay while that mess was going on; nor would I attempt to force him to do so (as those in the video did). Even people training gun dogs do not take them out and expose them to shotgun blasts right off the bat; they work up to it beginning with a starting pistol or 22 caliber firearm and at a distance if necessary. Of course, you can't have your retriever bolt at the sound of a gunshot.

UnconventionalLove
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby UnconventionalLove » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Oh wow. My jaw dropped and my hand covered my mouth. How the *&@$ do they think that is HELPING!?!?

<3myBoogie
Newborn Bully

Postby <3myBoogie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:06 pm

OMG. Call me a baby but my eyes welted up! That is DISGUSTING!.

El_EmDubya
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby El_EmDubya » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:15 pm

<3myBoogie wrote:OMG. Call me a baby but my eyes welted up! That is DISGUSTING!.

Me, too! :crybaby:

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:00 pm

People on another forum said they are looking into reporting these people.... (!)

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Red, have you had any luck with reporting it?

Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby Enigma » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Disgusting...

I had a foster who was terrified of firecrackers, she seriously freaked out when she heard them and the fact that I was fostering her during holidays (when people here go crazy with firecrackers) didn't help at all. I can't imagine what it would do to her if I would start harshly correcting her with a prong collar in the moment she was freaking out, the poor dog would probably have a heart attack! How can anyone with half a brain think this is a good method for desensitizing dogs to firecrackers? Are people really THAT dumb? Wow.

I hope someone finds a way to report them! Good luck!

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:29 pm

The trainer in question, according to hear say, is attempting to sue the videographer. He believes it is a slanderous video and has caused his business to dwindle to minimal privates.

There have been a lot of his own videos, this is hosted not on his YouTube, removed and his twitter, yelp, and FB are not disconnected.

I'm not sure if there are any options for charges being pressed but I presume many are actively looking into it.

jamielvsaustin

Postby jamielvsaustin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Adrianne wrote:The trainer in question, according to hear say, is attempting to sue the videographer. He believes it is a slanderous video and has caused his business to dwindle to minimal privates.

How could it be slanderous? It doesn't appear to me that the videographer altered the video-it is what it is. It's not the video guy's fault that this guy is a jack ass <---that's the reason his business is dwindling...not because someone "lied or produced false information" about him. Pfft. I hope he loses ALL his business, I have sort hope he does sue that guy...and loses and has to payout for giving him a hard time.

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Oh I agree, the fact he confirmed the videoing on the video should be enough I think.

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:53 pm

Adrianne wrote:The trainer in question, according to hear say, is attempting to sue the videographer. He believes it is a slanderous video and has caused his business to dwindle to minimal privates.

Yeah I hope so....what an idiot, videos of your training is turning away customers, maybe it's a clue you should learn something about dogs before you go blowing off fireworks around them.

Return to “Training and Behavior”