Kitchy, pithy name suggestions here, please

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
Amie

Kitchy, pithy name suggestions here, please

Postby Amie » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:57 am

I'll be writing a series of articles for handouts at the shelter - things like how to crate train your dog, should you go to dog parks, cats scratching furniture, litterbox issues, etc. I'd like to have a cutesy name that suggests this is an amuse-bouche, so to speak, of behavioral information, just a quick glimpse. It shouldn't be species specific (since it could be for cat or dog) and it should be easily accessible, so as not to put off those with lower educations, etc. So, you know, it shouldn't use the words "amuse bouche" lol The only thing I'm coming up with so far is "Behavior Bites" but we don't want to suggest biting, for what I hope are obvious reasons. ;)

Suggestions?

Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Kitchy, pithy name suggestions here, please

Postby Mooresmajestic » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:15 pm

Write it from a dog's point of view and call it "(Liberty's) Behavior Barks". Make them cute, story type articles that are light-hearted. The dog author can talk about cat stuff too.

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:13 am

new pet popuri....

1. Assorted dry flowers and leaves that give off a nice smell. 2. The cute pink haired, red eyed girl from the Harvest Moon RPG game.

surely that should cover the parents and kids lol

you do so much good for that shelter!! :hero:

Bambina23
Newborn Bully

Postby Bambina23 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:43 am

Furry Facts
Pestering Pets?

My mind is drawing blank, but I liked the writing from a pets point of view. :)

Amie

Postby Amie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:11 pm

I think we're leaning towards "Paws to Ponder"...

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Mooresmajestic wrote:Behavior Barks

very cute!

Amie

Postby Amie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:08 pm

The idea to write it from the dog's point of view would be cute, but I don't think it would be obvious to everyone that it wasn't from THAT dog's point of view - that is, I imagine lots of adopters would think it was from their specific animal's point of view, instead of realizing it's super general and that any or all of the suggestions might help. I don't want to deal with the phone calls that say "you said Scruffy didn't like lemon and he loves it!" lol It's really just a fact sheet, about a page on each issue, very general with a goal of being positive and encouraging but also realistic. So the one I wrote today, on cats who are destructive in the house, gave a lot of tips for how to set up a nice scratching post that your cat will like by looking at the behaviors your cat is showing you, so you can get them going on that before they choose your couch.

spammie

Postby spammie » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:09 pm

I read your article today on dogs being afraid of the dark. Well done, Amie. :cheers:

Amie

Postby Amie » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Thanks! That was a different format - the Baltimore Sun (one of the biggest papers around here) has an online pet column and I've written three or four things for them. That one is challenging because they ask for 250 words, which is very, very short. (but you can count - every article I've written has been exactly 250 lol ) Tomorrow when I go back in I'll grab one of the Paws to Ponder articles and share here so you can see the format for that.

Return to “Training and Behavior”