Puppy Play

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
c_simmons88
Newborn Bully

Puppy Play

Postby c_simmons88 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:31 pm

My 10 week old Jax loves play time with me,whether it's making him chase the end of a stick,contact play or tug of war.He loves it all. There has been a couple times where we are playing and he almost lays down,similar to a sprawl and he will growl and bark a bit. He doesn't seem aggressive while doing so his tail still wags and I just tell him "no sir" in a firm voice and he will stop. I just don't know if he's just playing or trying to test me or what? Is it acceptable for him to do so or is it not to be tolerated? Any input would be appreciated,thanks!

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Re: Puppy Play

Postby Nickdawg » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:43 am

sounds like puppy play, normal... the only thing I would discourage is biting you - vocalizing I see as ok and good to allow at this stage... hopefully someone with more pup experience comes along though. ps must see picture.

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:13 am

apparently kikopups videos on you tube are very helpful with puppy stuff, if you do a search there seem to be lots of good recommendations for books, videos etc. on the forum...

c_simmons88
Newborn Bully

Postby c_simmons88 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:42 am

Thanks! Much appreciated I'll definitely check out the YouTube videos. I also will post pics soon.

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:48 pm

It sounds like normal puppy play. I recommend not using your hands directly but play with toys instead.

Return to “Training and Behavior”