What color is my foster dog?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
klandmk
Adolescent Bully

What color is my foster dog?

Postby klandmk » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:07 pm

So.....I posted on his ad that he is "seal" colored but my bf says seal is black/blue color. His coloring is blueish but not the bright blue of most "blues". It's almost somewhere between blue and blue fawn. Is there a name for that....does this posting even make sense? Hee hee
The pictures reflect his coloring in person.....

RescueAPBT
Matured Bully

Postby RescueAPBT » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:16 pm

lol I was waiting to see if anyone was going to correct you when you posted him as a blue seal! There have been a few threads going on about the various shades of blue coat colors. I'm not even going to attempt guess what you'd call Pharoah's color. lol I know it is definitely not seal though. It doesn't really look blue fawn either. It's almost like a chocolately shade of blue. Whatever it is, it's gorgeous! :inlove:

KadillacGrrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby KadillacGrrl » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:44 pm

A lot of people call that lilac, or cocoa fawn... or even rare champagne. :) I'd go with the dilutes of chocolate before blue.

klandmk
Adolescent Bully

Postby klandmk » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:38 pm

I've been dealing with bully breeds for about 3 or 4 years now and have never seen this color. Is it even desirable? I mean, they are all desirable to me but you know what I mean. He's beautiful to me....lilac sounds like an interesting explaination but cocoa fawn sounds about right too. Thanks so much!

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:39 pm

Lilac or liver?

Not blue, blue is a dilute of black and his color looks like a dilute of red or chocolate

klandmk
Adolescent Bully

Postby klandmk » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:59 pm

Silver Fawn??? This is fun....I'm going to post in the gallery too.

Chili Peppers
Adolescent Bully

Postby Chili Peppers » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:03 pm

Amy Hendrickson wrote:Lilac or liver?

Not blue, blue is a dilute of black and his color looks like a dilute of red or chocolate

Lilac just like Bía which I had posted in another thread as an example. There seems to be an awful lot of "rare" lilac dogs in shelters...

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:19 pm

I call the color Lilac.

Bullabilly
Newborn Bully

Postby Bullabilly » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:43 pm

Seal is black that looks deep red in bright light.

I'd say thats liver, but I guess something like champagne sounds much nicer. lol

mom2bennientiny
Super Bully

Postby mom2bennientiny » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:37 pm

My Tiny is pretty much that color. We call it the funny blue. She was a lot more blue when she was a puppy, but as she got older, it turned more into light brownish tones. I go with lilac and to me, it is a form of blue, just more diluted. Tiny's mom is chocolate though and side by side I could see how that would be a dilute of chocolate. It's definitely my favorite color!

Tiny and her mom, Cinnamon

klandmk
Adolescent Bully

Postby klandmk » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:23 pm

They are both pretty!
I go with the dilute blue answer too. I also say he probably has chocolate and blue lineage but since he is a stray......we have NO idea. I've heard BYB's say the dilute blue is really recessive and actually not desirable....but he is so pretty to me! if you know anyone who wants to adopt....
www.marleyscattales.org

FearSheeple
Addicted to PBF

Postby FearSheeple » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:11 pm

There's no such thing as a dilute blue, since blue is already a dilute color. He looks like a dilute chocolate? (which I think is possible? lol)

He is gorgeous!

Amelcorn
Newborn Bully

Mason is that color and his mother is chocolate. Heres some

Postby Amelcorn » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:48 pm

So, I would say that it is a form of diluted chocolate.

Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby Noriko525 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:48 pm

Amy Hendrickson wrote:Lilac or liver?

YEP!

there is NO SUCH THING as dilute blue.... blue IS the dilute color... it is a dilute of black.

The color of the dog pictured here "Tiny" is NOT blue. She is a dilute of CHOCOLATE (red?). Not sure the technical name for it, as you can see there are many names for it (lilac, lavender, liver, champagne).

and also, Seal is NOT a blue/black color. It appears to be black but it is not deep true black but rather has brownish/red highlights in the coat....

and I agree with everyone that this Lilac color is very pretty but, I don't think it's rare, it just hasn't fallen victim to the dilute trend the way blue has... hopefully it won't be next! Since lilac is to chocolate, what blue is to black... there is definitely nothing special about it (lets hope the the BYB's of the world agree!)

klandmk
Adolescent Bully

Postby klandmk » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:48 pm

:oops:
Well, one thing is for sure, I can tell potential adopters, he is a beautiful color!
I'm going with the champagne. It seems to be the least arguable answer. Thanks everyone!
Now, if I could just find him a forever home! :goodbye:

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”